Question about HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
This worked for me:
Do NOT connect scanner before these first few steps
1. Download & save win xp drivers from HP website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=28447&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=28441&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228
The 63.4mb file is the only one you'll need
2. Right-click on the saved file and go to its properties. Under the compatibility tab, set the file to run with win xp service pack 3. Apply changes and close properties dialogue.
3. Right click on the same file and choose 'run as administrator'. Accept any windows prompts that may appear and let the program & drivers install.
4. Once the software has finished installing, connect the scanner to your computer (via USB) and turn the scanner on.
5. Restart the computer without unplugging or turning the scanner off.
6. Your scanner should now work fine with the HP Precisionscan Pro utility.
Posted on Apr 24, 2013
I had the same problem with my Win7 Home Premium (32 bits).
What I did?
Install VMWare Player and/or Oracle's VirtualBox, both excellent virtual machines. After installing one of them, I installed my original XP PRO SP2 on the virtual machine. So now my system can run both Win7, and XP on the virtual machine. Then I installed the original HP Scanjet 4400C CD on the virtual machine and now I can use my old and faithful scanner.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 23, 2012
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: scanner not compatible
I'm trying to fix this problem, with Windows 7 (I hate Vista!)
and i'm looking for a suitable driver.
If I'll find it, I'll post the solution (I hope)
Posted on Aug 24, 2009
Hi there from Germany - English isn't the best but got the same problem solved so give it a try:
- first connect scanner to computer without having the drivers already installed
- next computer claims driver cd put in yours from XP or select downloaded XP-driver
- try if scanner works - sometimes they do already
- if not head over to System management or system control what it's called in english
- choose add device and choose scanner
- now Windows tries to install a xerox-driver - allow this
- and now it should work - if not sue hp! (But buttons for direct printing etc. might not be working anymore - except via the software itself - no more via the buttons
Hope I could help
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 10, 2015 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
May 24, 2015 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
Mar 01, 2011 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
May 31, 2010 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
Nov 20, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
Jul 14, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4400c Flatbed Scanner
7,757 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!