Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
access the setup page of your router, using the computer that is connected to your router, if you haven't change its default ip address, you can still access it by using 192.168.1.1 ip address, anyways follow the instructions below...
how to change MTU
1. open internet explorer
2. type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar
3. will pop-up for the username and password : leave it empty for the username and admin for the password (admin is the default password, if its not accepting it, key in any password your using). If your were able to access the configuration page.
4. under setup look for MTU, set it to manual and change the size, 1492 (commonly used)
5. and click the save settings button.
how to change the UPnP
...since you still have the configuration page, just click on administration tab and look for UPnP and select disabled and save settings.
hope this would help solve your problem. thanks
Posted on Sep 30, 2008
Do you have a wirless adapter connected to your xBox?
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2011 | Routers
Jan 29, 2011 | Routers
you have all the wireless settings of the router, you are ready to
connect the play station or the x-box to the wireless network.
On the x-box you will need to connect to the wireless network now.
Open the main Interface of the X-Box.
1. In the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox and open System Settings.
2. Select Network Settings, Configure Network.
3. On the Basic Settings tab, select your wireless settings.
the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If your router isn't
broadcasting your network's name, select Specify Unlisted Network and
enter the name.
5. If your network has wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA key.
6. Try to connect to Xbox LIVE again.
Trouble connecting to the internet on X-box ,Play station or WII ?
You can try to reduce the MTU settings on the router. if the MTU on the router is set to 1500 then change the MTU to 1365. Also you will need to open the ports on the router.
For X-box port numbers are - 53, 80-88, 3074 .
Jan 23, 2011 | Routers
Nov 17, 2009 | Motorola Routers
Jun 19, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7633UK4A) Wireless Router
Apr 30, 2009 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Apr 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 09, 2008 | Routers
Feb 01, 2008 | Blitzz Technology BWA711 (B3WL000900)...
Jan 30, 2008 | Netopia (3347NWG-ENT) Router (3347NWGENT)
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!