Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave-doesn't warm anything anymore

Greetings! Had some power outages due to tropical storm,inner bulb turns OK,and i can enter a time for warming up anything,the timer starts counting-down until it finishes,but you can't hear the micro turn on or nothings heats up. Checked fuse,of course if blown out not even bulb would light up.Suspect it's a relay, but not sure.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 706 Answers

Hello rarms1965... chances are that your microwave was the recipeint of a power surge during the power outage you mentioned.. there is no way of knowing what component took the brunt of a surge and it could very well be your magnetron tube, filament transformer of any number of control logic components.. The problem is that anytime you open the case to check things.. unless you know what to look for or even more so.. what NOT to touch ( High Voltage Capacitor comes to mind) you don't know what you are up against. If it isn't a real expesive model ( you didn't provide a brand or model with your inquiry).. then the cost to diagnose & repair could very well exceed teh cost to replace.. Your call.. but whatever you do.. be sure you KNOW what you are doing..
Good Luck my friend..

Posted on Sep 24, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Will not power up after power outage


it contains two fuses one of 10 Amps and other for 500mA.
Replace 10Amps fuse with same type and rating.Best thing is to take this fuse and show it to the sale person of electronic shop.
Before you touch any parts of the microwave oven please disconnect the mains power chord and never touch the main power capacitor as this contains very high voltage even after disconnection.

Mar 24, 2014 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

If you try to heat something for a minute , the microwave will turn on for about 15 seconds then shut off . It doesn't even seem to warm the food.


It may need a reset. You can do that by unplugging the power for a minute or two, then plugging it back in and setting the clock.

If it still fails, you may have a failing cooling fan or a problem on the control circuit board.

Apr 14, 2013 | Thermador MCES Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

Lost power due the storm' when power was restored micro. never came back on


Possible that during the power outage there was fault in the mains supply and with the oven being plugged on it is possible that the power supply or the main board is damaged.
Unless you are able the top cover it is difficult to confirm if this can be silly fault like a fuse blown which is on the mains circuit or a Step down transformer or the processor board.

Nov 06, 2011 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My over the range microwave will not heat anything anymore. It will turn on but the food does not get cooked or warmed.


Hi,


Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Basic
Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101


Feb 06, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave doesnt warm anything anymore


how old is it, it may be time for a new microwave as they are usually cheaper to replace than service

Nov 09, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Light bulb not on and microwave not turning on. Was working fine in the am but went to warm something in the afternoon and the light wouldn't come on and didn't warm the coffee.


Hi,
Firstly check fuses in your microwave. You will have to take off the outer casing and check on the power circuit board to see if there are blown fuses.
Best wishes,
Graemevm

Jan 22, 2010 | Whirlpool RMC275PD Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave caused lights to dim, then blew out a power strip


the noise you said sounds like the magnetron or h.v. capacitor or h.v. diode blew up,that could have created a voltage spike,as for the power strip fried, i would have someone check your neutral line in the house power panel, if it open or has a hi resistance spot it will in turn make your homes 120/240volt circuits a voltage divider because of a lack of the neutral wire and can cause problems too

Aug 08, 2009 | Samsung MW5351G Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...