The light,timming&power were on.The plastic container on the glass dish was turning but the food was not hot at the end of the time.The Microwave is very new and has only been used 3 times before this problem came up.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check on the material the containers are made of. If they are not microwave friendly then they will cause problems. Some materials are designed to "Roast" the contents by absorbing the energy. Check with a Pyrex glass container and water. The glass should stay fairly cool.
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food.
The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven.
Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace
the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing.
There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the
magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper
electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have
to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly
lengthy process however.
You need to remove the cover, (Power Unplugged!!) look for and check a long glass fuse (usually in a plastic housing)
It's 5000 volt and less then one amp rating.
It's a small wire inside fuse so check it with a meter.
If it's ok, it's most likely the Magnetron which is usually half the price of the machine.
If the fuse has blown, see if there is a black diode, 30-40 mm long, one end is screwed to the case.
Disconnect one end, If you have continuity both directions, it's failed causing the fuse to blow.
Replace that diode / high voltage rectifier and then the fuse.
You should be back in business.
First of all, you must be sure you are using a microwave safe container. If it is not marked as such, it is not.
Try heating a cup of water in a clear glass container. If it still does not work right, your stirrer may be bad.
You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.
should also be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
As you know, the microwave heats the food which then transfers heat to
the dish which transfers heat to the cooktray.... Typically the tray
and the oven chamber doesn't get very hot at all unless you have it on
for a long time or are cooking something that is putting off a lot of
steam etc. I think you would be safe trying your adhesive
assuming it doesn't absorb microwaves itself.