Question about Printers & Copiers
If you could let us know the brand and model of the printer, that would help us diagnose this problem greatly.
Flying blindly, Are you sure you got all the paper out of the machine? Some machines have a removable back panel, if yours does, remove it and make sure you have no stray pieces of paper.
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
SOURCE: Paper Jam error
How to Resolve Paper Jams
If the paper is lodged too far into the printer and can't be removed:
Posted on May 02, 2008
I have the same exact problem of paper half torn removed but I can not see the other half anywhere. The printer has hardly worked for at the most six pages and now showing paper jam error. How do I fix it?
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: Paper Jam error
try to open the cover and reseat the ink.
the machine is trying tell you there is something stuck inside where the switch or the senser is located. usually right before the heater path. after the paper pickup roller.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
Try this :
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2012 | IBM Printers & Copiers
Dec 21, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 19, 2010 | Brother MFC-7440N Laser Printer
-To clear a paper jam near the paper tray, grip the paper and pull it firmly but gently from the printer. If you find a stack of papers jammed, grab from the middle of the stack and pull.
-For a rear jam, remove the back of the printer. When you find a free edge on the paper, grip it firmly and pull it out.
-Press the "Resume" button or turn off the printer, and then turn it back on. Your settings should reset.
Oct 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Nov 24, 2009 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Lexmark X2600 InkJet Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Apr 04, 2009 | Brother HL 5150D Laser Printer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!