Re: I need to unlock a Philips DCP851/37 I bought in the...
Was sent this with my machine (I'm in UK) and works fine
1 Power on DVD without a disc in the player
2 Press SETUP on the remote
3 Press 'Right Arrow' on the remote 3 times
4 Press 9, 6, 5 & 3 on the remote
5 Press up/down to change region ofplayer. Set to 0 (zero) for region-free
6 Press SETP to exit
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Power ON the DVD player without a DISC inside 2. Press the skip keys in this order (the keys are under the "disc menu" and "stop"): right, left, right, left, right, right, left (YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO SETUP MENU, just do this in the "blue screen". 3. It will show a menu with region, now use the arrow keys to select "region" and change to "test 0" (all regions). 4. Press OK to confirm. Enjoy Silmara
I'm sure if you do this, you will be able to play your American DVD's!
1. Turn on the unit. 2. Open the loading tray. 3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote. 4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key. 5. Enter 138931. 6. You will now see the current region code displayed 7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions. 8. Press the "Play" button on the remote. ALL THE BEST!!!!
Is this a Multi-region Player ?
Some Players are region Set to play Only the region they, are intended For. i.e Region 1 = NTSC( USA ) Region 2 = (PAL ) UK. Region 6 = ( ASIA ) And so on.
If you need a multi-region hack for your player, Post here.
I do charge a Small fee for This service.