I have a microwave that is not working properly. the pizza cooker cooks just fine with no problems. the microwave panel seems to be functioning. it seems to power up, but the plate inside does not rotate and it does not cook. any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would guess either the circuitry for part of the keypad is defective or prehaps more likely the unit has developed amnesia because either the supply to the programmed memory chip is broken or the chip has failed.
It really amounts to the same thing as almost all those components will be on a single board and the repair guy is unlikely to worry about what is wrong but will simply replace the board.
The question is how much is the luxury of presets worth to you and will a repair be significantly less than the cost of replacement?
Unless the pizza was specifically packaged for microwave use, pizza cooking in a microwave is usually a bad idea. They don't turn out well. Although microwaves are referred to as "ovens", they really don't bake things, they boil them by heating the moisture in the product. Thus, pizza crust will not rise and get crispy unless the pizza was pre-made to be microwave reheated. Those pizzas will give instructions on how to microwave them.
why are you cooking rice for 30 minutes in a microwave????? the problem is that a microwave IS NOT A RICE COOKER!!!use a rice cooker or use instant rice and heat the water for 2 1/2 minutes only!! OR BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE!!
I would check the cooking instructions on the side of the pizzas packaging. If microwave cooking is not listed I would not recommend cooking it in a microwave as this could make the food unsafe to eat.
Solution to your microwave problem is given as below.
* 1 Set your Daewoo microwave on a countertop near an electrical outlet and plug it in. Open the door and place the circular roller guide in the center of the oven cavity, then place the glass cooking tray over it.
* 2 Set your food on a microwave-safe dish and then put the dish on the cooking tray and close the door. Make sure that it latches properly.
* 3 Turn the upper knob to select a power level. Power levels include "Defrost," "Med-High," or "High." If your Daewoo has a touch pad, touch the "Microwave" button once to set the highest power level. Touch it consecutive times to lower the power level.
* 4 Turn the lower knob to set the cooking time. For cooking times less than two minutes, turn the knob up past the two-minute mark, then back to the correct time. For touch pad models, enter in the cooking time with the numerical keys and then press "Start."
* 5 Open the door at any time to stop the cooking and check the temperature of your food. Shut the door to automatically continue cooking, or turn the timer knob to the right to add more time. For touch pads, press the "Stop/Clear" button, then key in a new cooking time and press "Start."
* 6 Open the door when the timer reaches the "Off" position and take out your food.