- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you cannot DIY or a friend that can help the putchase another power adapter. If you wire the plug incorrectly the you could damage your laptop and which will cost a great deal more than the power adapter.
was the battery working before ur dog helped u out...
remove the power cord and check how long ur battery can hold on till it dies down...when ur notbook is ON
if it holds for more than 10 mins then the battery will charge if the power cord gives it enough power to charge, else u may have a power adaptor that gives enough for notebook to work but not enough for the battery to charge at the same time....
u may have to change both the adaptor and battery....or else change the dog...ha ha ha...
u r the best judge....ask the dog to do some work on it may be......
If he chewed far enough into the cord that it shorted out, then the power supply would have been killed instantly, but not before taking out the motherboard on the laptop with it.
The motherboards for laptops are rediculously expensive and a new laptop would be the way to go.
The next best option is to hunt around on eBay and look for one that has been dropped and had the screen smashed. You could salvage the motherboard from it, or transfer your screen the other way.
The good news is, people will pay good money for dead laptops on eBay for that very reason, so you could always sell yours there to help cover the costs of a new laptop.
Sorry for the bad news
First, you need to check the one that you got for replacement is the correct adapter for your system. If it matches with the old one, make sure that the ac adapter light (LED) is on when you plug it the wall outlet only. When you plug it in the portable and if your ac adapter LED blinks out (turns off) then the motherboard needs to be replaced or else the ac adapter is not working and needs another replacement. Call Dell and have it replaced if you just bought it.