Question about Televison & Video
Likely to be a classic laser failure. It will require technical person to replace it - try starting with the point of sale and see about warranty etc
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
This worked for my NS-BRDVD2-CA, basically the same model as yours.
1. Turn on the player.
2. Press the home/setup button and release. Enter 9-1-1-3 on the number pad.
3. "Configure player" appears in the wheel menu to the left of the screen. Using the up or down arrow button on your remote, navigate to it and press enter.
4. Three menus appear on a blue screen in the centre of the set: DVD Region, BD Region, and BD Profile. Select the one you want and press enter.
5. A grey screen appears in the centre showing the various regions. Navigate to the one you want and press enter.
6. Exit the grey menu by pressing the left arrow key, then press it again to exit the blue menu. The screen will appear as it did in step 3 before you pressed enter.
7. Open the drawer and put in your foreign disc. Wait a little bit. When it's ready, the disc's main menu appears. Play it like you would any disc.
8. Voilà! Consider yourself fortunate: You're now able to play foreign DVDs and Blu-rays on your cheap North American player.
P.S. Remember that you have to do this every time you want to play a foreign DVD, because when it's shut off the player automatically defaults to Region 1 for DVDs and Region A for Blu-rays (i.e. North America for DVD and the Americas for Blu-ray). The "configure player" menu disappears sometimes, too; to see it again, simply re-perform the "home/setup, 9-1-1-3" hack.
Posted on Nov 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2016 | Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2016 | Cell Phones
Jul 11, 2014 | Amazon Stores
Feb 02, 2011 | KitchenAid Architect KBFA25ERSS Stainless...
Dec 12, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 03, 2009 | HP 48 x 10/100Base-TX LAN - 2 x Expansion...
Mar 21, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Jun 26, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 04, 2008 | Lands Phones
Dec 26, 2007 | RCA TH1101 MP3 Player
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!