Question about Dell Inspiron XPS M140 Notebook
The CMOS battery is located underneath the keyboard as well as one of the two memory slots. To get at it, you have to remove the “Hinge Cover” and then the Keyboard.
To remove the “Hinge Cover” (The hinge cover has the ON/OFF button) follow these steps:
1) Remove the battery and AC power.
2) In the battery bay you’ll see 2 small Phillips screws. Remove these screws.
3) Turn the laptop right side-up and using a small screwdriver, pry up on the notch on the right side of the hinge cover.
4) Lift and remove the hinge cover from the laptop.
5) Carefully lift the keyboard and gently slide it towards the LCD. (CAUTION! The keyboard is connected to the motherboard with a ribbon cable. Be careful not to damage the cable on the underside of the keyboard.)
6) The CMOS battery is located on the right side of a small white ribbon cable. It’s about the size of a small coin.
Hope this helps.
Your responses are intended to improve the level of service provided. Please rate your experience.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jan 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on May 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 11, 2012 | IBM Lenovo H320 40411DU Desktop Computer -...
Aug 15, 2011 | IBM Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 Notebook
Jan 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 29, 2010 | IBM ThinkPad A22m 2628 Notebook
Mar 05, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
May 05, 2009 | Acer Extensa 390CX Notebook
997 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: