When i connect the mmc reader it does not shows the drives .and then when igo to my computer and right click on manage and then disk management shows but when click to open it says that it is restricted by adminstrator ie. the user but no body resticted it...... helllllllpppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: memory card files not displaying
Check the card reader in other computer if that is right the start your pc in safe mode then try. If this succes then restart pc in last known good configuration by pressing F8. key.
or call me in 9810948179
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your card may not be formatted -or- it is and it;s a proprietary format. If you want to format it, here is the instructions (for Windows):
Put your card into your computer (some have a slot or else use a card reader). Right click on that drive after it appears in My Computer and select Format; set the File System drop-down to NTFS (better file storage space) or FAT32 (more compatibility in older operating systems) and click Start.
Insert the Memory Card to the card reader, Then plug the card reader to the computer and perform the following setting to the computer. Go to the Control panel, Choose Folder Options Then click on View. Choose Show hidden files and folders
Remove mark to the Hide extensions for known file types.
Remove mark to the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
A Warning will Display Click OK. Then Apply and Click OK.
Open My Computer and Go an Open/Explore your Memory Card for Backup of your data.
Copy a Data to the Computer and Format your Memory Card.
Before Restore you backup to the memory Perform the setting of file attribute to your data Example of file Attribute is
Read Only Archive Hide
Right Click your Data and then Remove a mark to the Hide in Order to view Your Data to the Memory Card.
Thanks a lot.
More Info; Rogerftn@gmail.com or Call +255 755723228
1. First insert your SD card in the card reader.
2. Plug the card reader to your PC. 3. Go to My Computer, you will see the SD card as removable drive. 4. Double click in your card, and open. 5. Again go to my computer, open the a separate window. Open the folder containing your music files. 6. Select the required music file, right click, in the pop up window select copy. 6. Go to your SD card window, right click, in the pop up window select Paste. 7. You will see a window showing coping in progress. 8. After completed the process close the window. 9. Look at the right side of the task bar, there will be an icon, Safety remove hardware, left click, in the pop up menu select your SD card drive, one notification will come, "its safe to remove the hardware" 10. Remove the Card reader from your PC.
Your Card Reader properly Connected to PC(Make Sure GOOD in Condition about the Reader)
Properly Inserted MMC to READER
Change USB port if Still Not Detecting
Try another MMC to Reader
Reinsert your MMC
Reboot your PC
Remove Lock of MMC(Lock might be in Left Side of Your MMC).Still you have Problem Please Change your CARD READER/MMC ...
YOu are done...Solved.....
IS this HelpED you ...
Do RaTe mE...
you can Feel Free contact me...
Thanks for Using FixYa
1. If you have a usb cable to your reader connect it to 1 of usb ports on your PC. 2. Go "My computer or "computer " if Windows 7 then right click on the icon that show your SD memory ( it will show as another drive letter). You will then see a drop down menu with the word "format" click and follow the prompts. This should format your memory.
To connect the SD memory card to the computer you need a USB memory card reader. Plug the SD memory card into the USB card reader and then plug the card reader into the computer's USB port.
The computer will see this as an external memory card, you can then click on this memory card (it maybe the D or E or F drive) and select the music files from your computer then copy and paste your music files to this memory card. I presume the music files you need to copy are MP3 or MP4 files.
Memory sticks, memory cards and even USB thumb drives all get attached by Windows as a drive. Pull up Windows Explorer (file manager on Mac). Navigate to My Computer level. THis will show all drives attached including hard drives, connected USB drives and connected memory sticks/cards. You may not be sure which is which unless the drive was labeled with the cards branding. One way to determine is go to lower right task area and click on the 'safely remove hardware' icon (green arrow). Select safely remove hardware from pop-up menu. Check the box for Display device component. This should populate the window above with the actual names of the devices along with the assigned drive letter. Now that you know which one, open Windows Explorer, navigate to My Computer level and the select the drive letter. You can drag and drop files to and from this window to take files on and off the memory card/stick/USB drive. You can also right click on the drive letter and choose properties to see how much room you have on the card.