Please help. I am in Vietnam, half way through a 4 month trip and my camera (only just over 1 year old) has stopped working when the flash is required. If I take a normal picture- without the flash it works, however if the flash is required it focuses but it just won't capture, the flash symbol is flashing in the top right hand corner.
Please help I have many more photo opportunities to come and I want it to work properly!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you are using this camera for 4 yrs with the same lithium battery then you might need to try a new battery
any lithium battery cell's capacity diminishes after long use. it reduces the cell's ability to deliver current. the older batteries do not charge as much as new one. when you charge your battery it irreversibly loses approximately 20% capacity per year. hope this help
First look on the back and with the camera on press the DISP or DISPLAY button. If you still have a problem after doing this, then it needs to be repaired. You mention the camera is only 4 months old, and is thus still under warranty. Call 1-800-828-4040 or 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) to have it repaired for free under its warranty. And here's its warranty:
1. With power off, press the MODE button to select the DATE mode.
2. Press the zoom out (three trees) button for more than two seconds to enter the date/time set mode.
3. Press the zoom out (three trees) button to select year, month, day, hour, or minute (selected number will flash).
4. Use the zoom in (one tree) button to advance the number.
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. to set each value.
6. Press the zoom out (three trees) button until the colon (in the hours:minutes) is flashing. When the colon stops flashing, date and time setting is completed.
7. Press the MODE button and the power will switch off.
Hello I have a similar problem... I have 3 years or 4 the camera and in this moment I go to realease a photo this morning and see a circle in the center. More or less the same.
thanks for all if you know anything