Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Microwave The microwave was turned on without anything inside. Microwave was set to high and on for three minutes. Damage to top inside door. Plastic melted right through with two holes. Also burnt just below that. Inside top frame also burnt right opposite door damage. Is this microwave now dangerous to use? Should it be disposed of? Is it repairable if that is an option? Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Angela Whalen I have LG MC-808 WAR Microwave. Microwave was turned on without anything inside. Microwave was set to high and was on for 10 minutes. Damage to inside bottom door and plastic melted.Is this microwave is dangerous to use? Is it repairable if that is an option? Thanks for your help.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

What does a microwave have to do with an LG chocolate phone? lol. but the solution is, throw that microwave away. one of the wires is probably messed up because maybe its old? i suggest buying a new one. Brand name recommended WHIRLPOOL. Lifetime Guarantee (:

Posted on Sep 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Samsung microwave internal vent cover melted


The temperature reached a high enough value to make the plastic melt .The device ran for too long. The device ran without any substance (food) to heat.

Nov 26, 2013 | KitchenAid KHMS145KSS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Unable to eliminate odour from previous cooking despite the fact that I wipe the microwave with a soapy cloth & then with a clean cloth each time to Microwave is used


  1. Fill a plastic bowl with 1 qt. of warm water. Add 2 tbsp. of liquid dish soap and 1/4 cup of chlorine bleach to the water. Thoroughly mix the solution.
  2. Dampen a clean cotton rag in the solution. Wipe all inside surfaces of the microwave with the soapy rag to remove food debris and stains. Scrub stubborn residue with a nylon scrub brush.
  3. Moisten another cotton rag with warm water. Wipe the microwave surfaces with the rag to wash away soap and loose food debris. Thoroughly rinse the inside of the microwave.
  4. Dry the microwave's interior surfaces with paper towels. If odors remain in the microwave, fill a microwave-safe bowl with 1 cup of cool water. Add to the water 2 tbsp. of baking soda, half of a chopped lemon (including pulp and rind) and four whole cloves.
  5. Place a microwave-safe plate on the microwave turntable. Set the bowl on the plate.
  6. Heat the microwave on high for three minutes. Operate the microwave according to the manufacturer's directions. Keep the bowl in the microwave for 15 minutes.7
  7. Remove the bowl from the microwave. Wipe the microwave's interior surfaces with clean paper towels to remove steam moisture.
  8. Leave the microwave door open overnight to completely air out any remaining odors.


  • Sep 05, 2012 | LG LTM9000 Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Is this a self cleaning oven? If so how do you set it to self clean?


    Self-cleaning microwave oven?


    1195423141886664498machovka_microwave_oven.svg.med.png

    Loosen up gunk and grease splattered inside your microwave by following this simple tip. Fill a pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl with one cup water and put in microwave on high for three minutes. This should bring the water to a boil. Let it set in microwave for several minutes with the door closed.

    Then, wet a sponge or soft rag with a tablespoon of vinegar. If you need a degreaser, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to it. Wipe microwave clean with the rag or sponge. The microwave will practically clean itself. Now that was easy!

    Jun 03, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    My Daewoo microwave is model KOC-9Q1T/KOC-9Q1TSL I notice that the plastic frame around the top of the door is wrinkled, as if it has melted. I have photos of this if you need them. Please let me know 1....


    Plastic will melt but the door frame is metal and will not. So there is no safety issue here, just looks.
    One could replace the door assembly if required. I would leave the door open after convection cooking to let the heat escape without heat build up causing the plastic to mishape.

    Mar 11, 2011 | Daewoo Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    We heard a "buzzing" sound and it stopped when I


    I had a similar problem. Everyone said must be the magnatron or the fuse ....turned out to be a burned out (visually melted) thermal cut out switch ($12) on the top side of the microwave. Had to get down inside the top of the microwave. The cut out switch was tucked away right up against the the microwave box. Hard to diagnose your problem without looking at the unit in question though, could be several different things. However, my philosophy when it comes to repairs...start with the cheap stuff first!

    Jan 10, 2011 | Frigidaire FMV145K Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Last night while making popcorn, I smelled burning plastic. I shut the Microwave off and open the door to find the rack hooks melting. What would cause this to happen? Can I use the Microwave anymore?


    Quite often this is due to greasy build up on the inside of the unit, there will also be a mica plate probally in the roof or close to the top of the uniton the inside sidewall, normally held in by one screw this should also be removed and cleaned. If the hooks are melted bad enough they will need to be replaced or just cleaned with soap and water.

    Aug 21, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Microwave do not start everything else works


    Turn power off,< unplug> and remove upper grill < usualy two phillips screws pull forward on top and lift out, or slide to side to free latching tabs > remove screw from top of control pad lean top out and lift. Door latch is on frame behind door < two to three sets of switches> if you have a multi meter then set to ohms < high setting > test each for continuity < meter responds by going to O. Open door and check again if no change is found on any of them adjust by loosening mounting screw and moving up or down until change is made. If no change happens then the switch is bad. Do not attempt with power on it can cause damage,< just pay attention to latch contacting switch and you can tell which way to move mount.

    Apr 25, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

    1 Answer

    Microwave


    A microwave needs all those surfaces to be fully reflective. those scorch marks greatly affect the magnetron. it will soon burn out . reccommend a new microwave.

    Feb 17, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

    2 Answers

    Signs of burning on inside of plastic door surround .


    replace plastic inner and check any rust is there, check inside body and compleat door.

    Nov 12, 2007 | Bosch HMT9626GB Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    LG 1925 Microwave suddenly stopped cooking, other functions work fine!


    What you said about the the clock leads me to suggest that you first unplug it for a few minutes then plug it back in. It may just need a good reset. If you don't have your owner's manual you can download one here: http://www.lge.com/support/manual.jsp The mention of odor concerns me. It may just be a bit of food or grease on the waveguide cover, which is a small sheet or panel on the wall or ceiling of the cooking cavity, but it may indicate the failure of a part in the high voltage section. You may have an intermittent door switch. You can see some of my other responses for info on how to get our important text file that helps you diagnose and repair door switches and gives important safety tips.

    Dec 10, 2006 | LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone Logo

    181 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top LG Cell Phones Experts

    IT Solution
    IT Solution

    Level 3 Expert

    805 Answers

    Les Dickinson
    Les Dickinson

    Level 3 Expert

    18381 Answers

    kakima

    Level 3 Expert

    102366 Answers

    Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides

    Loading...