The audio system is is totally down and do not hear any audio through
other things are ok This was bought in 2001. As per your advise I had already paid $ 9.99- thgough my master card credit card I am waiting for your advise and solution. Please whebn will it be received and where.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Compaq Pressario Desk top 5333 5000 series PC
1.- Your audio was working fine before? 2.- Did you install any program? 3.- It Is your sound card connected? Go>>My PC>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager (see if the sound card and drivers are installed and working properly) 4.- Your speakers are connected in the right way? Are they ON? 5.- In the control panel >>Sounds>> "mute" must be UNCHECKED
If your audio was working fine before some of above reason are blocking your sound
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will need to visit the Compaq website and download the audio drivers for your computer. The audio drivers can also be found on the CD disk that came with your computer. When on the Compaq website click their downloads/support button and search for the audio drivers using the model number of your computer.
You can download the audio and device drivers from the Compaq/HP WEBsupport/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the Windowsdrivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download thedrivers: - www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html
You may have lost the drivers for your audio. go to the compaq web site check out support or drivers, there you will find all the drivers that run your unit. It should be free. just down load what you neede. good luck DFD
HP/Compaq has had alot of power supply issues with this series of computers. Do you have another power supply you can try in this system? If the light is flashing rapidly, it is usually a power supply. Fairly cheap and easy to replace.
Hi. Azrul here. Here is 2 of my best solution for your problem:
1. Online support from your PC's manufacturer. Restart your PC using a Windows XP/Vista CD and download all the related drivers for your PC online (you will need your compaq presario model number for this)
2. There is also an option to purchase the restore disc online. Depending on the age of the PC that you purchased, just google for "Compaq" or "Hewlett-Packar"and get the restore disk from there.
Lets look at a couple of things.
1. go to control panel
2. depending on your operating system go to audio
3. as soon as you open it your audio driver and program should be there if not follow the next steps.
4.go to start then right click on "my computer"
5. go down and left click on properties.
6. click on the hardware tap at the top.
7. click on device manager and find the audio line in the list.
8. If it has an Exclamation point next to it. you are missing the driver.
9.click on it and update the driver.
10. It will say one of two things "this device driver is current" or it will start looking for the driver. if it is not there go to compaq.com and the support driver can be downloaded. Let me know if you need further assistance.. Take care..Be mucho blessed..Mark