Question about Car Audio & Video
Brought problem to my trusted auto mechanic and he found a simple disconnect/connect where to antenna cable comes into car under front right side under the glove box. It took literally 30 seconds to do.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
THIS IS A RADIO PROBLEM, THIS PROBLEM WILL REQUIRE THE RADIO BEING SENT OUT TO AN AUTHORIZED FACTORY ELECTRONICS REPAIR CENTER, THERE IS NO BLOWN FUSE OR THE RADIO WOULD NOT EVEN TURN ON.
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
My DX445 does the same thing. Here's my method for fixing it, it should work for any similar Clarion receiver:
1. If possible, make sure the radio is turned off when disconnecting the battery. If the radio turns itself on when the vehicle is restarted (for example after jump starting or battery disconnect for a few seconds only), turn the radio off.
2. Disconnect the battery by removing the negative battery cable from the battery. Leave it disconnected.
NOTE: Car batteries can be dangerous things. If you're unsure how to do this safely, get an experiences mechanic to help you.
3. Reset the radio. On my radio this is done by removing the faceplated, and pressing a tiny button for 30 seconds. Your radio may be different.
4. After waiting at least 20 minutes, reconnect the battery.
5. My radio displayes 'System Check -- Press Power'. After pressing the power button, the display reverts to the clock.
6. Turn on the radio. It should work fine on the broadcast bands.
7. Select 'Sirius'. The radio should display 'Updating'. Don't touch anything until the radio finishes its update phase. When it's done, it should tune to Sirius channel 1 and play as normal.
8. This should restore normal tuning. reset your presets and preferences.
What seems to happen is that the radio gets stuck in a 'Category Select' condition, but not all the categories will load, and manual tuning will not allow, say, Radio Classics to play when the radio is stuck in Pop mode.
On occasion (maybe 1 time out of 10), the radio hangs while doing the 'updating' in Sirius mode. If this happens, just shut off the radio and start over. I've never had to do the brute force reset more than twice since I stumbled on this method.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
The sixth place is where the cd that was being played has to be put before it can take another cd to play. there should be a reset button some where im not sure where yet but I will find out and let you know shortly.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2016 | 2006 Toyota Camry XLE
Feb 18, 2014 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Nov 30, 2009 | Sirius Satellite Radio Sirius Starbase...
Oct 05, 2009 | 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Jun 13, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Dec 25, 2008 | 2008 Toyota RAV4
Dec 25, 2008 | Eclipse SIR-ECL1 SIRIUS Radio Receiver
Dec 05, 2008 | 2006 Toyota Camry
Jul 03, 2008 | 2006 Toyota Camry
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!