Question about E-Machines emachines (emachinees) CD-ROM Drive
Entered the cd-rom disk that came with my new video camera. after entering the cd the program was working fine. I shut the computer off
and the next time I turned the computer on it booted up and a screen with
the e-machine logo showing a big E on the screen locked up. I have not been able to get by that screen with the E whenever I boot the computer.
Try to reboot the machine in safe mode. This is generally done with the F8 key. To do this...start computer, make sure F lock key light is on and hold down the F8 function key. It will ask whether you want to start in several different ways: Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Normal, etc. Try Safe Mode. Go to Start>Control Panel>System. Under System Properties>Device Manager and look for Yellow exclamation points. Delete all of the exclamation points (make sure you have your original system disk). The video camera will probably be listed. Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 25, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
on Jul 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 06, 2011 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Apr 27, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Apr 02, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2010 | Microsoft Windows 98 for PC
Feb 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 07, 2009 | Hitachi DZ-MV550 DVD Camcorder
Nov 05, 2009 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Oct 19, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2012 | E-Machines emachines (emachinees) CD-ROM...
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: