An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: can you please help me
If the Notebook is not booting at all, you need to try some steps which are listed below :
I) Power Drain procedure:
1. Disconnect the AC Adapter.
2. Remove the Battery.
Note : Please see that there are no external devices or cables connected to the Notebook.
3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Reconnect the AC adapter and do NOT connect the battery now.
5. Turn on the Notebook power. If the Notebook is powered on, the issue is solved. Unfortunately, if the issue persists, we need try some alternative steps like removing and reseating the Memory Modules(RAM) from the Notebook by following the instructions available in the link below : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00744836.pdf Find the reqired instructions to remove and reseat the memory starting from page number 104 of 263 in the Manual. Additionally, your Notebook can be eligible for free mail in repair if it is out of warranty and if it is installed iwh AMD processor. Additionally, the Product Number of the Notebook should be listed in the list provided in the link below : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01300427 You can find the Product Number printed on a white sticker pasted at the Bottom of the Notebook indicated by P/n. Locate it and find if it is listed among the Product Numbers listed in the link given above which are eligible for free mail in if the Notebook is currently available in US and Canada.
You need to contact HP Chat Support and get the necessary details to send the Notebook for free mail in repairs. More information about the above mentioned free repair program are available from the weblink below : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01087277&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN Best way is to copy and paste the entire link in the address bar of a new web browser and press enter. Hope this helps...
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would recommend having a hard reset or a full restore on your phone. That would probably remove all data so do make sure you have a backup of important data before doing that. Though, it\'s sure that a restore or hard reset would resolve your problem. Just follow the steps given over here to hard reset your device
My son and I both have the first galaxy S phones, love them. Yesterday his went black, just the 4 buttons on bottom lit up and it would vibrate. No one was able to help us so we bought a prepaid phone as a temp fix. I tried everything even the holding of the volume and power button to hard factory reset..would NEVER get to right selection before it went wonky.
Well this morning I thought that something might be up with the power on button....so I: 1. removed the back and the battery from the unit. 2.very carefully removed the 7 screws. 3. VERY GENTLY pried the screen from the back. 4. Very gently opened up and used a can of air to flush out the pocket fuzzies. the front nevery did come completely off, just the side with the power button. 5. the power button fell out/off and I gently replaced everything. 6.replaced the battery and did a hard reset. 7. Works perfectly now.
Funny thing though, last night while my son's phone was acting up, so was mine, and I had to do a hard factory reset on mine also. It was vibrating at strange times, and would either freeze of get loggy between screens. Fortunately I backed up all of my contacts with my email account.
BTW I am a 49 year old mom, if I can do this anyone can.
Is this a SATA drive and what operating system is loaded on it? . you may have to insert the installation disk to reset the password. There is a Linux program on the internet to reset the password to default but there is no guarantee to this. This is for Windows XP 2. You can also get some one with a Linux box to view and backup your data on another hard drive but the PC will have to be compatible to accommodate the hard drive capacity. 3. Try not entering a password at all when in the password/ user screen "hit enter" .
I have the same modem and it had the same problem where it only lit the Power and the Ethernet LEDS. It is Quite easy to fix. All you have to do is Hard Reset it because soft resetting it wont do.
To hard reset it:
1. Hold the Reset button on the back of the modem for ~10 sec. until it resets itself.
2. >>Before all the LEDSdisappear and only show power then Ethernet<<
turn it off and unplug all the connections.
Leave it unplugged for a few hours just to make sure that it goes back to Factory Default setting.
After that, plug everything in and turn it on.
Now, if it does not change and returns to normal.
Press the Reset button while all the LEDS are lit then quickly unplug the 12vdc plug and wait.
If this fails, Search google for forums that mentions this similar modem ad same symptoms and see if they have a solution.
Hope it works, GOOD LUCK!!
you need to reset it (small button on back or inside battery cover) and if that doesn't work then you need to do a hard reset by opening the battery cover, taking out the batteries and pushing the reset button on the inside. unfortunately the hard reset will delete everything.... but it will fix the problem
My Asus A639 is also frozen on the blue Heart of Technology screen AGAIN. None of the buttons work, hold button is not active, cannot switch it off. The first time it was fixed by Asus under warrantee - took 5 weeks. The freeze might be related to using GPS software Copilot V6 - not certain.
How is it not working? You get limited or no connectivity or it isn't functioning at all.
Firstly, let's do a power cycle. Push the reset button for 5 seconds, unplug for 45 seconds, and reset 5 seconds, and unplug for 45 seconds.
If that doesn't work try a hard reset.
Alright, it's time to do a hard reset, this will rest all your passwords, Take a Pen or a pin, push the pin the the reset hole for 45 seconds, Uplug the modem for 1 minute, reset hole for 30 seconds, unplug for 30 seconds, and it should be hard resetted also power cycle.