Ipaq 4100 problem syncronizing with outlook on new laptop
My Ipaq h4100 has been syncronized (calendar, email & contacts) with outlook 2000 for last 2 years without a problem. I now have a new laptop with outlook 2003 & the Ipaq says there are 7000 ie all on the ipaq, entries it needs to resolve on the laptop.
If I resolve these (one at a time!!) will I loose them all on the Ipaq or laptop or both.
I have backed it all up to an SD card & take the card out when I try to sync for safety. Never had a problem before, can anyone help please.
Re: Ipaq 4100 problem syncronizing with outlook on new...
You are now using outlook 2003 , probably cache , this means all the email is on your laptop. when you sync it will sync all the email (thousands). initialise your ppc (back to factory default). set up the sync via usb cable. then sync via bluetooth . then you are fully sync. now setup an auto backup of your email data (daily). if after some time , you have sync problem again , initialise the ppc, restore from backup and you are back to sync (last full backup). try this , you will never need to do it all again. Regards David Ng
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the blackberry will be using the Outlook calendar to update its information. its quite easy to use. What's happening is that the items calendared on the BB are syncing
with the "private" calendar under the username (Outlook Today -
Username - Calendar), and not the "public" calendar (All Public Folders
- John Doe). No items are marked as "private" on the BB.
Install the Blackberry Desktop manager software and after its done go to the Syncronize Button. Once inside look to the left for configuration synchronization click this button it need you to be online to do this as well. inside it will list the many programs that can be used to sync your blackberry make sure you have already setup your outlook so that it can pick up the new settings your creating. once your all done look for the top upermost button on left of BDM ( blackberry desktop manager) and click syncronize to sync your blackberry. now once it is done your BB only needs to be plugged in and it will autosync itself. look in your outlook for new entrys and popup
As a past Blackberry user i simply gave up on this. I would suggest using an outlook email account as Microsoft unlike gmail provides Active Sync for all free accounts these days. Give it a try and see if you can get the calendar to to sync. Also, if you are using outlook desktop software 2013 then you get a full feature active sync exchange style email.
just install itunes and you can sync calendar and contact to your iphone. You cannot sync the notes and tasks but. I have just bought an iphone and before I was using an HP ipaq like you. Everything is synced except for the notes and tasks. You cannot even see any word or excel files you had on your ipaq. Cheers
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
All you need is Activesync which can be obtained from this link..
and you need OUTLOOK installed and configured.
It's important not to cradle the Ipaq until you are told to from Activesync.
Try the following before you try to connect again...
From your PC ..........
with IPAQ cradled
click on Start, Control Panel
Double-click on System
Click on Hardware, then Device Manager
Click on '+' to left of Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Click on '+' to left of Windows CE USB Devices
Right Click on HP USB Sync
I use my 548 to keep my work and home versions of Outlook syncronised. I have about 70 contacts stored. Three suggestions..
1) Do you have enough free memory? Emails can take up megabytes, and for that reason I choose not to sync emails.
2) Are all of your contacts in the same Contacts folder? I have two contacts folders on my home Outlook, one for me and one for my wife, I only sync my contacts to my 548.
3) In Activesync, click on Options, Sync options, contacts, settings and make sure that "Syncronize all contacts" is checked
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now