Question about Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
You need to use the Recovery Tool from Creative's website at support.creative.com
Try another PC or another USB port
Make sure the hold/lock is not engaged
Check for firmware update on Creative's website
Get Recovery Tool from Creative
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
If all else fails, check with this guy:
Creative Zen – Formatting
Step by step instructions for formatting a player
1. Detach the player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on the player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button
4. Select Format (All) and select Yes to format the player.
5. After the player has finished formatting, select Reboot.
6. Re-transfer the tracks to the player.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2010 | Eclipse CLD2 MP3 Player
Oct 02, 2009 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Jan 27, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen Nano Plus MP3 Player
Jul 04, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Dec 30, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jun 08, 2014 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 1 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: