Question about Heating & Cooling
SOURCE: furnace will not run indicator
We just had the same problem. Try going outside, find the air intake and see if it's full of snow! We just did that and voila, the furnace roared to life!!
Posted on Dec 21, 2008
The limit switches are two wires that go to a small disk about the size of a dime. There should be a tiny button between the wires. Find all the limits and push them to reset them. The draft safeguard is the one that is located where the flu pipe leaves the unit. Sometimes the limits are stubborn and it's hard to push them in. If you can't get it reset then the limit will need to be replaced but it can be bypassed temporarily by jumping the two wire together. Do no do this as a permanent fix. It can cause death.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
The limit switch on the inducer has tripped. There are two wires that go to a small disk about the size of dime that has a small button in the center. Push this little button and you will feel a littl snap and the unit should fire up. Check all the manual reset limits as well. If the unit still won't start, jump the two wires by bypassing the limit switch. If it starts, then replace the switch. Bypassing the switch is only temporary and could lead to death if it is used as a permenant fix.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2016 | Heating & Cooling
Nov 21, 2015 | Goodman Heating & Cooling
Dec 10, 2010 | Goodman GMS80903BNA Heater
Dec 02, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
EACH OF THE FOLLOWING STATUS CODES IS A TWO DIGIT NUMBER WITH THE FIRST
DIGIT DETERMINED BY THE NUMBER OF SHORT FLASHES AND THE SECOND DIGIT BY
THE NUMBER OF LONG FLASHES.
11 NO PREVIOUS CODE - Stored status code is erased automatically after 72
hours. On RED LED boards stored status codes can also be erased when power
(115 VAC or 24 VAC) to control is interrupted.
12 BLOWER ON AFTER POWER UP (115 VAC or 24 VAC) -Blower runs for 90
seconds, if unit is powered up during a call for heat (R-W closed) or R-W opens
during blower on-delay.
13 LIMIT CIRCUIT LOCKOUT - Lockout occurs if the limit or flame rollout switch is
open longer than 3 minutes.
- Control will auto reset after three hours. - Refer to #33.
14 IGNITION LOCKOUT - Control will auto-reset after three hours. Refer to #34.
21 GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will NOT auto reset.
Check for: - Mis-wired gas valve -Defective control (valve relay)
22 ABNORMAL FLAME-PROVING SIGNAL - Flame is proved while gas valve is
de-energized. Inducer will run until fault is cleared. Check for:
- Leaky gas valve - Stuck-open gas valve
23 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT OPEN Check for:
- Obstructed pressure tubing. - Pressure switch stuck closed.
24 SECONDARY VOLTAGE FUSE IS OPEN Check for:
- Short circuit in secondary voltage (24VAC) wiring.
31 PRESSURE SWITCH DID NOT CLOSE OR REOPENED - If open longer than
five minutes, inducer shuts off for 15 minutes before retry. Check for:
- Excessive wind - Proper vent sizing - Defective inducer motor
- Low inducer voltage (115VAC) - Defective pressure switch
- Inadequate combustion air supply - Restricted vent
- Disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing
- Low inlet gas pressure (if LGPS used)
If it opens during blower on-delay period, blower will come on for the selected
33 LIMIT CIRCUIT FAULT - Indicates a limit, or flame rollout is open. Blower will
run for 4 minutes or until open switch remakes whichever is longer. If open
longer than 3 minutes, code changes to lockout #13. If open less than 3 minutes
status code #33 continues to flash until blower shuts off. Flame rollout switch
requires manual reset. Check for: - Restricted vent
- Proper vent sizing - Loose blower wheel - Excessive wind
- Dirty filter or restricted duct system.
- Defective blower motor or capacitor. - Defective switch or connections.
- Inadequate combustion air supply (Flame Roll-out Switch open).
34 IGNITION PROVING FAILURE - Control will try three more times before lockout
#14 occurs. If flame signal lost during blower on-delay period, blower will come
on for the selected blower off-delay. Check for: - Control ground continuity
- Flame sensor must not be grounded
- Oxide buildup on flame sensor (clean with fine steel wool).
- Proper flame sense microamps (.5 microamps D.C. min., 4.0 - 6.0 nominal).
- Gas valve defective or gas valve turned off - Manual valve shut-off
- Defective Hot Surface Ignitor
- Low inlet gas pressure
- Inadequate flame carryover or rough ignition
- Green/Yellow wire MUST be connected to furnace sheet metal
45 CONTROL CIRCUITRY LOCKOUT Auto-reset after one hour lockout due to;
- Gas valve relay stuck open - Flame sense circuit failure
- Software check error
Reset power to clear lockout. Replace control if status code repeats.
If status code recall is needed, briefly remove then reconnect one main limit wire to display
stored status code. On RED LED boards do not remove power or blower door before initiating
status code recall. After one status code recall is completed component test will occur.
Thanks for Choosing FixYa.
Oct 05, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Mar 05, 2010 | York Furnace Draft Inducer Blower Fasco #...
Jan 28, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Apr 03, 2009 | Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air...
Nov 23, 2008 | Goodman GMS90703BXA Heater
Mar 23, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
567 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!