Contacted Dell to try and get it replaced and they said no. I wrote a letter of complaint to Michael Dell and still didn't couldn't get them to get it replaced. So can anyone help me get me TV fixed. The blue light will come on and the TV comes on but once I turn it off and turn it back on it will just click with no blue light or screen coming on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dell will replace it if it's less than 3 yrs old but apparently their tech support people are clueless about this and have to be told what they need to look up. The replacement is a nice gesture except if you're like me and paid >$1,000 for this more than 3 yrs ago. I have had TV's > 20 yrs and don't reacall major problems with any.
These instructions were posted on the Dell Community forum http://en.community.dell.com/forums/ " The following in and out of warranty TVs (W2600, W2306C, W2606C) with
the No Power issue must go through Technical Support to initiate the
exchange. Tell the technician to look up the following DSN document IDs
to get the details on the in and out of warranty exchange process:
- 313698 Dell-Branded TVs Out-of-Warranty Repair Procedure -
CTS/CBG/SMB/GTS-T/DOC. Tell them to scroll down to, Dell W2306C,
W2606C, or W2600 TV Replacement for a No Power Issue
- 329986 TVs (W2600, W2306C, W2606C) with No Power. New exchange procedure - TV and Home Theater - Dell Community Forum
* Dell will cover this issue, regardless of the limited warranty
status, for the W2306C, W2606C or W2600 TVs for 3 years from the
original invoice date
* Once past the 3 year date from the original invoice date, we will not exchange the TV
* Units sent as replacements for this issue should be considered in
warranty for 90 days after the replacement or for the remainder of the
limited warranty term, whichever is longer
* You will need to provide to them the following information -
TV Service tag number:
TV Order number:
Reason: Dell LCD TV has the No Power issue
you are loosing communication signal from remote to TV. The main board is responsible for the communications. its the board with the most connections located on the back under the back cover and top cover of the circuit boards. Replace that board, u should be ok. Do a ebay search for main board for dell w2600