Question about Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
I posted this for another problem so I think it holds true in your case to:
The problem with your Tv might be the convergence corrcetion amplifier modules (2 STK392-110). These modules often malfunction and produce the symptoms you are describing. The cost of the parts is about from $12.00 - $32.00 depending on where you buy the parts from. The major cost will be the labor, and if needed the cost of installing the biasing circuitry that the modules use. This usually costs around $200.00 - $400.00 depending on the shop.
Here are the basic instructions to replace the components you need to replace:
If you choose to do this yourself, here are the basic instructions:
1. Unplug the TV set
2. Take the rear bottom panel off
3. look for a large heat sink with two large black ICs (STK392-110) (6 sided components but rectangular in shape) on it, and remove the board the ICs are on from the TV set.
4. Unsolder the components using a soldering iron and a suction solder remover.
5. disconnect the components (ICs) from the heat sink
6. Unsolder all of the bias resistors and replace them with the proper values (usually 220, 150, 3.3, 2.2, and 3.9 ohms)
7. install the new ICs (STK392-110)
8. solder all connections IC and bias resistors
9. Inspect for shorts
10. reinstall circuit board
11. Plug the TV set in and turn it on.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2010 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 25, 2009 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...
Mar 29, 2009 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Feb 04, 2009 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Jan 08, 2009 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 17, 2008 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Jul 27, 2008 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Mar 20, 2007 | Hitachi 53UDX10B 53" Rear Projection...
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!