Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Servise Pack 2 (e8503040) for PC
I have lost folder options,this option is not available..
Also i am unable to find the hidden files in my pc
Go to >programs>my computer and open the C: drive. This is only to allow you to access the >tools menu and folder options. there you can scroll down and elect to see hidden files, extensions and system files. change the settings as needed and you shouls be able to see your hidden files.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Double click on My Computer.
2. Click on the Tools menu in the top menu bar.
3. Click on Folder Options...
4. Click on the View Tab
5. Click on the little button next to "Show hidden files and folders" (in the Advanced Settings box)
6. Click OK.
7. Double click on Local Disk (C:)
8. Double click on the Documents and Settings folder
9. Double click on the folder with your user name
10. Double click on Application Data. (That folder will be dimmed)
11. Double click on the Microsoft folder.
12. Double click on the Templates folder.
13. Right click on the Normal.dot file and delete it
14. Now you need to hide your hidden folders again
15. Click on the Tools menu in the top menu bar.
16. Click on Folder Options...
17. Click on the View tab.
18. Click on the little button next to "Do not show hidden files and folders" (in the Advanced Settings box)
19. Click on OK.
20. Close all the open windows and you are done!
Jun 13, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
May 01, 2011 | Microsoft Operating Systems
Jun 14, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Mar 05, 2010 | Operating Systems
Mar 14, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Aug 03, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Mar 19, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Dec 05, 2007 | Operating Systems
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: