Question about Computers & Internet
Cannot turn on the wireless button on intel wireless 2945 wi-fi adapter with wistron eletronic button switch, any idea it make the wistron button work on the intel? I loaded the intel driver and the laptop is reading with no problem, but just cannot turn oon the Wistron wi-fi switch. I have a Seanote MS2137 notebook with Intel Centrino 1.4GHz system Pentium M Atheros AR5007eg wireless adapter
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
*Assuming that the computer is a windows XP Operated.
Click on start => run => Services = Ok.
On the services window => check the status of the wireless zero Configuration => try switching it 'on' or switch it off and then switch it 'on'. If that does not resolve the issue then it could be hardware failure.
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
SOURCE: No driver working
Dear Friend ,
Kindly check with the driver in this site and revert back.Kindly follow the below steps:
1. Remove any ath_pci driver from the RESTRICTED DRIVERS MANAGER
2. Make sure that you have build-essential package installed, if not, fire up a terminal and type in sudo apt-get install build-essential
3. Navigate your way in Terminal to the directory where you downloaded the archive for the driver
4. Type these to decompress the archive tar xfz madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz and cd madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007
5. Type make to compile
6. Type sudo make install to install the driver
7. Type sudo modprobe ath_pci to insert the driver as a kernel module
8. Restart by typing sudo reboot
9. If all goes well, after you restarted, you will find wireless networks in your Network Manager
Kindly with the below url and download the file name the Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless Lan Driver v188.8.131.52.zip 184.108.40.206
Posted on May 06, 2009
There are a few things you can try for the dreaded !
Delete and let it be discovered again or select it and try reinstalling the driver from the CD that came with the unit. Make sure the driver is compaitible with your operating system XP drivers wont work in Vista. You may need to get an updated driver from Acer to overcome this problem
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Aug 26, 2009 | Everex StepNote NC1502 Notebook
Jul 31, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
Jul 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 30, 2009 | Dell Latitude D610 Laptop Computer -...
Nov 23, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Sep 04, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2007 | Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG 802.11g/b
Jun 18, 2018 | Acer Computers & Internet
464 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!