You can try the steps below to fix the issue.
Download and install the latest touchpad driver:
Uninstall the touchpad driver:
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. When the Control Panel window appears, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
3. Locate the software for your keyboard or mouse in the list below.
• Microsoft IntelliPoint software
• Logitech software
• DellTouch software
• Synaptics software
• Alps software
• Set Point software
4. Click to highlight the device name and then click the Remove button.
5. Follow the prompts to uninstall the input device driver/software.
Download and Install the Latest Touchpad Driver Available:
Please follow the link below to install the latest touchpad driver.
1. Locate “Input device drivers” and click on (+) sign next to it.
2. Select “Touchpad”, click Download Now. You may receive a warning and an option to run or save the file.
3. Click Save.
4. When the Save As window appears, designate a folder (desktop) to save the file that is being downloaded, and then click Save.
5. When the download is complete, go to desktop and locate the same file.
6. Right click on it and run as administrator.
7. Click on allow and follow the simple instructions to update the touchpad driver.
Please do not forget to rate the solution.