Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
Based on what you've written, it appears there is something internally wrong with your controller. Either the button keeps sticking and it won't lift back up or it could be a dust problem. This usually happens when your controller takes severe beatings after losing to a boss battle or just from old age. You should try the following:
- Try blowing into the controller slot or using a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean the pins
- Make sure the controller is plugged in correctly then try resetting the game console (usually the controller has to be plugged in before turning on a system)
- If you're brave enough, take apart the controller and pop the button back into place
- The rubber padding separating the plastic button and the computer chip might be worn (sometimes it becomes extremely sensitive)
- If all else fails, I'd consider purchasing a new controller
I hope this helped,
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2017 | ASUS Tablets & eReaders
Jan 17, 2011 | Samsung Cell Phones
Mar 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2010 | Haier HP42BB 42 in. Plasma TV
Oct 28, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Jun 12, 2009 | Apple iPod nano MP3 Player
May 27, 2009 | Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS70 Digital Camera
May 27, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
171 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!