Question about Video Game Consoles & Games
Based on what you've written, it appears there is something internally wrong with your controller. Either the button keeps sticking and it won't lift back up or it could be a dust problem. This usually happens when your controller takes severe beatings after losing to a boss battle or just from old age. You should try the following:
- Try blowing into the controller slot or using a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean the pins
- Make sure the controller is plugged in correctly then try resetting the game console (usually the controller has to be plugged in before turning on a system)
- If you're brave enough, take apart the controller and pop the button back into place
- The rubber padding separating the plastic button and the computer chip might be worn (sometimes it becomes extremely sensitive)
- If all else fails, I'd consider purchasing a new controller
I hope this helped,
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2012 | Nintendo 3ds Handheld Game Console- Cosmo...
Jun 27, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 17, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 27, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Nov 06, 2007 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!