Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
How Do I Remove My Web Search from my Win XP PC?
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
2. In the open window, highlight 'My Web Search' and click on the Remove button.
Reset Internet Explorer to default settings
If the steps above still don't work, you need to use a special tool (download link: http://www.icleansoftware.com/RemovalTool_Download.php) to clean this toolbar from your PC.
Posted on Dec 02, 2016
Thanks for your posting in FixYa.
Please do the following:
First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
· My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
· My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
· My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
· My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
· Search Assistant - My Way
4) Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
8) MyWebSearch should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
If unable to remove from control panel, then try to remove them after rebooting PC in Safe mode..
Hope this would help you a lot.
Dont forget to rank me up.
Have a nice day.
Best of Luck & Regards
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2012 | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional for PC
Mar 30, 2012 | Acer Aspire T120 PC Desktop
Jun 23, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 14, 2010 | Radio Shack VGA PC Camera Webcam
Nov 28, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 01, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
174 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: