a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi i have a 50" magnavox that has a problem, i was looking at several websites and i find out the dirfferent posibilities.
in your case i have 2 posibble answers.
1) negative image tv turns on and shots down in 2sec flashing pixels on screen dark image has sound but no video screen goes black and then return to normal picture vertical color lines on screen no video vertical color lines with video vertical bars on screen horizontal lines on the image picture goes red after while
IT COLUD BE (X or Y or Z SUSTAIN BOARDS )
2) just left part of screen working just right part of the screen is working vertical and horizontal lines on screen part of screen not working some functions not working no video but has sound functions not working at all
IT COULD BE (LOGIC CONTROL BOARD)
That type of problem is becoming all too common with plasma and lcd flat screens 32" and above. There are two boards inside the plasma tvs that are called the y-sus and z-sus boards. From my experience the z-board has been the most problem producer with that no picture and sound ok problem. However, the one issue here is that the power to the to the y board goes through the z board. Most techs I know recommend replacing both. The reasoning being that whatever caused one to go bad would also weaken in some way the other. I am not fond of this type of thinking but since I do not have the tv in hand to take signal and voltage measurements I would start with the z board. On the internet you can probably find those boards and through e bay at a good price. They are not hard to spot once you take the back cover off the tv. The y board is usually on the left and the z board on the right. They have like 6 to 8 screws holding them in and three or four connectors that are keyed so you cannot plug them back in wrong. They are also clealy marked on the board itself and usually with a white sticker of some sort. New these boards can cost from $100 to $200 depending on the source. Shopping around you can find it worth fixing in my opinion if you can replace the board your self. Always disconnect all power when you take that cover off. Good luck and God bless. Roberto
If you mean that you get a black box, with a little of the picture visible around the edges, then your closed captions are on and set to TEXT. This puts a black box on the screen about 10 seconds after changing the channel. Go into the menu and turn off the closed captions and the picture will be back to normal.