Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Error 5100 points to a "carriage jam"
The carriage is the assembly that contains the printhead and cartridges.
This error can be difficult to solve because various things can cause it.
, maybe there is some packing or packing tape that is obstructing the carriage.
Verify that the carts and printhead are installed properly.
Check the gears as best you can for any obstructions.
If the carriage moves to a center position when you open the cover as if to change cartridges, try a reset to clear the error message :
1. Turn off printer (use button, don't unplug)
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal
Sometimes you have to try this a couple of times, if you've never done it before.
If this does not work, unplug, wait 3-4 min, then re-plug in.
goodluck hope it works
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 28, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 27, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jan 10, 2010 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jun 18, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Oct 27, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Oct 29, 2007 | Canon MultiPASS F60 All-In-One InkJet...
95 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!