I've got a emachine PC, intel, I've tried many time uninstalling installing but the speakers are still grey out and it tells me no driver currently installed, I've been struggeling for days solid, somebody please help
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: system cannot play sound
Then go to control panel,system ,hardware ,device manager option There if u find any question mark or exclamation mark in yellow Color that means sound drivers are not installed properly please reinstall sound drivers properly
If no question mark or exclamation mark then check the cable connections of the speaker to the machine
In control panel , select sound audio devices open it there u have volume,sounds,audio,voice,hardware options
1)See whether it is mute 2)In audio option select default audio device and recording device should be same
this should solve u r problem .if it is not solved please let me know u r problem briefly
or else put the model number and brand name followed by drivers search in ww.google.com
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please check out a few things with your laptop
1. Play some music files and see what the software tell, if it normally plays music but you cannot hear it from the internal speaker then plug in a head phone or speaker and play some music if you are not able to hear in the headphone/speaker, then the problem is with the internal speaker, (Take it to the laptop service center for repairing the internal speakers).
2. Mostly sound problem occurs due to driver software problem it may be some times corrupted, uninstalled accidently but in such cases while trying to play a music file an error will appearing stating about the problem of sound driver, but first you can try uninstalling the audio driver and reinstall it.
3. To Uninstall insert the Driver cd that came with your laptop and Click on the audio driver icon or setup program, which will prompt you to install the audio driver> on second instance it will prompt you to uninstall or repair the driver> Click on Uninstall and after being uninstalled restart the computer and install the driver. In many instances it solves the problem.
Hope this helps.
if your computer came with a motherboard disc the sound drivers could be on it you might have to uninstall then restart your computer then reinstall both the sound drivers and the sound card make sure you have both of these devices backed up to a disc before uninstalling a yellow? question mark means you need to install/update driver to do this right click to install driver also click start control panel administrive tools computer management device manager scroll to sound,video and game controllers you might see a yellow question mark? Right click to reinstall drivers click start control panel sounds and audio,volume,advanced,speakers select appropriate speakers also audio you will find 3 drop down lists make sure you have the correct settingsthere also click start control panel sounds and audio devices you can adjust the volume there also select speaker volume you can change your settings there you can also tick in the box place icon in taskbar if his does not fix the problem
have you tried this control panel sounds and audio,volume,advanced,speakers select the appropriate speakers from the drop down list or navigate to the device manager scroll to system devices + to expand,system speaker right click properties then select use this device (enable) hope this helps
Did you reinstall the sound card physycally on the main board or did you install new drivers?
You need to check the device manager (start-settings-control panel-system-select " hardware" tab at top, then click on device manager)
If you have your sound card listed in its category (sound, video and game controllers) or listed in the "other" category and it has a yellow ! next to it, you must right click on it and hit uninstall. one of those will cause the computer not to even look for the sound card for install because the computer thinks it's already installed , even if its wrong.
so if you see one of these, expand the + to see the device , then right click on it and select uninstall .
then procede to load the new driver. restart
dear worried girl ,,try this some times systems will not reconize a new product try unstalling complete thing and reinstalling it .unhook it (sound card )uninstall software turn pc off. reinstall hardware first go to install hardware in your controll paniel and then and the new driver for it ... email me tell me what happens linda
I would recommend you to uninstall the sound device which is under your device manager...click start and hit run..type devmgmt.msc....then look for the sound device and unistall it..then try to reinstall it again...