I want to know if this somehow short circuited it...it was a little wet when i took it out of my pants this morning (dont ask, because i dont know) so i dried it off and shortly after plugged it into my charger. it vibrated really hard for about 10 seconds before i unplugged it (lights lit up and everything too, but screen didnt turn on). then i plugged it in again and nothing happened at all...and phone still doesnt turn on so...do i need to buy a new one? dont have a razr btw it's some number i dont know
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hate to tell you this, but you are probably in trouble at this point. A wet phone will usually short-circuit someplace. The advice is to take the battery out as soon as you see that it got wet, wait THREE DAYS, then try it. By powering up, you might've harmed the circuitry. But, you could try taking the battery out and waiting a few days before turning on again.
I had exactly the same problem with you. What I did to my phone was, I took the battery off the phone for a minute. Then put your battery back and quickly plug your charger jack into your N81. if your phone start to charge then that's mean it starts to feeding the battery up.
But, after that my phone always find itself under charging condition even with the charger jack unplugged. What a frustrating thing, I am trying to flash it to newer version firmware. Will see what is gonna happen. Will get back to you when I get the answer.
I personally think if the charging component inside the fone has got dirt on it. "maybe" it made short-circuit or some sort of thing.
Will try to open up the fone and do some cleaning if upgrading firmware doesnt give any clues.
My wife spilled some water on her Pebl and she shut it off for the night. She dried it pretty good but it had a protective case over it and she thought that it didnt get water into the inside of the phone but it did. The next morning the phone wouldnt work. We left the battery out all day and yes, the "wet" dot had turned red. We thought all was lost, but that evening after it had dried we replaced the sim card and battery and turned it on and it worked fine....except it needed to be charged and when she went to plug it in we got the "unable to charge" msg and the phone shut off. Well, since I had bought the phone second off of Ebay I knew there was nothing that Cingular would do, I took the screws out of the back and took the phone apart. There is another one of those dots back there as well....and it wasnt tripped. I did notice a little bit of white stuff around were the battery prongs touch the main circuit board, I gently used the small screw driver I used to take out the screws and cleaned that stuff off. I also gently scraped those prongs and the metal they touch on the circuit board. Thought it was a long shot but I put the phone back together and plugged it in and bygod, its charging. Guess we will see how long this fixes the problem. Hope this helps you out some.