Question about GE Profile PFS22 33" Artica French Door Refrigerator w/ 22.2 Cu. Ft. Capacity, ClimateKeeper System ...
I bought a ge pfs22 less than one year ago. The temperature in the refrigerator rises to above 60 degrees on occasion. The technician replaced the circuit board, but the problem keeps coming back.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check the defrost thermostat , and any temp sensor that can determine the freezer temperature.
If this fridge temperature is electronically controlled, the freezer control board must also be tested.
Click here to get all parts and diagrams for this fridge.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
How to check
If the evaporator coils behind the back panel of the freezer are icing up because of auto defrost failure that will stop the circulation of cold air and eventually affect the freezer too.
check defrost heater, defrost thermostat. If the heater and thermostat are ok it’ll be the control board.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Go into the diagnostic mode on your touch display .
1) . Press any button on the display 1 time except the temp adjust buttons.
2) Press the temp up and down on both the freezer AND refrig (all 4 at the same time)
3) when 0's show , release the buttons and press any button except for the temp adjust buttons .
4) NOW , fress the temp adjust buttons until the freezer side displays 0 and the refrig side displays 7 . 0 and 7 is for the thermistors test .
5) After 0 and 7 display , press any button again except temp adjust , and this will start the thermistor check .
6) You will have 7 thermistor tests , indicated on the refrig display , starting at 1 , then 2 then .......
7) The feezer display will tell for the corresponding thermistor , indicated by the refrig display , if the thermistor p = pass , s = short , b = bad (replace board)
After determining if or which thermistor is bad , then adjust the display to 1 on freezer display and 6 on the refrig display . This ends the testing procedure and resets the refrig back to normal .
Posted on Sep 26, 2009
If your refrigerator has an electronic control board, this could be the problem (fresh food compartment control on the board). Or there may be a problem with the damper assembly that opens and closes allowing cold air from the freezer compartment (if available on your particular model). In either case, consult an appliance service company.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2015 | 2004 Chevrolet Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT
Dec 29, 2014 | GE Refrigerators
May 16, 2014 | Refrigerators
Jun 17, 2011 | GE Profile 25.6 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Jul 07, 2010 | True TSSU-27-12M-B Commercial Refrigerator
Dec 26, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Oct 04, 2009 | Bosch PB10-CD Radio/CD Boombox
Jul 09, 2009 | GE Profile PFS22MBW French Door...
Jul 19, 2008 | GE Profile PFS22 33" Artica French Door...
Apr 14, 2008 | Refrigerators
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: