Question about Singer Featherweight 132Q Mechanical Sewing Machine
How do you use the adjustable hemmer? I've found the instruction manual online but I can't follow the instructions for it and the pictures are hard to see. Can anyone help? Thanks.
These are the exact instructions from the Manual.
1. Select one of buttonhole patterns.
2. Replace the presser foot with the buttonhole foot. (Install presser foot with little red mark towards the front)
3. Insert the button into the buttonhole foot. (the part located in the back crescent shaped)
4. Lower the buttonhole lever (to the left of the needle) so that it drops down vertically between the stoppers A and B.
5. Carefully mark the position of buttonhole on your garment.
6. Place the fabric under the foot. Pull out the bobbin thread underneath the fabric to a length of about 4 inches to the rear.
7. Align the buttonhole mark on the fabric with the mark on the buttonhole foot, and then lower the buttonhole foot.
8. While holding the top thread, start the machine.
*Sewing will be completed automatically.
9. When sewing is finished, use a buttonhole opener to open up the frabric in the center of the buttonhole. Be careful not to cut anyt of the seam thread.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
I was looking for a manual for my T500 as well and stumbled across this site:
It is for the reliable brand but they are almost identical and it is better than nothing!
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jan 13, 2016 | Rex Sewing Machines
Oct 27, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Jul 29, 2012 | Singer Sewing Machines
Apr 03, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Aug 11, 2011 | Singer White Speedylock 1634
May 26, 2011 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 12, 2011 | Singer Sewing Machines
May 01, 2009 | Singer 3116 Simple
Nov 24, 2008 | Tacsew T500
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!