Question about Cisco (1841) Router (cisco1841)
As many others here.... I am new to Cisco: so here it goes.
- Cisco 7206 - 4 (8port) cards installed
--DeviceC1 --- DevD1....etc
--DeviceC2 --- DevD2....etc
DeviceA --- DeviceB ---<---DeviceC3 --- DevD3....etc
--DeviceC4 --- DevD4....etc
--DeviceC5 --- DevD5....etc
DeviceA - my laptop or any other device this side of 7206
DeviceB - Cisco 7206
DeviceC1-6 - Cisco 3745/3725 Routers configured as Multilinks
Basic Config points:
- 6 multilinks defined, 5 are working (all are 3745/3725)
- 1 of the 6 will not allow traffic (DevC5)
- 1 direct serial, also working
- Able to telnet to remote router 3745 (DevC5) only from 7206 (DevB)
- Able to ping to 3745 (DevC5) only if telnet into 7206 (DevB) first
- If 2 hops away at DevA, then DevC5 (3745) then it is not accessable.
- From DevB I can telnet into DevC5 or anyothers downstream (DevD5..etc)
- Cannot telnet into DevC5 except from DevB
- But all these things work fine with DevC1,DevC2,DevC3... etc...
- Only DevC5 is acting funny
- You can also ping back from DevC5 to DevB, but not to DevA
- Why is Multilink5 to (DevC5) not allowing traffic, but you can see it?
Sounds like maybe a QOS issue. Click the link above to see if this helps.
Also, could be a load balancing issue. Let me know if this helped.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2013 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Mar 25, 2010 | Cisco 2851 Router
Mar 05, 2010 | Arris Vanguard 320 Router
Nov 20, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 17, 2009 | NetGear Routers
Sep 06, 2008 | Cisco (1841) Router (cisco1841)
Apr 30, 2008 | Routers
Apr 18, 2008 | Routers
Nov 28, 2007 | 2wire HomePortal 1800HG Router...
290 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: