Question about Cisco (1841) Router (cisco1841)
As many others here.... I am new to Cisco: so here it goes.
- Cisco 7206 - 4 (8port) cards installed
--DeviceC1 --- DevD1....etc
--DeviceC2 --- DevD2....etc
DeviceA --- DeviceB ---<---DeviceC3 --- DevD3....etc
--DeviceC4 --- DevD4....etc
--DeviceC5 --- DevD5....etc
DeviceA - my laptop or any other device this side of 7206
DeviceB - Cisco 7206
DeviceC1-6 - Cisco 3745/3725 Routers configured as Multilinks
Basic Config points:
- 6 multilinks defined, 5 are working (all are 3745/3725)
- 1 of the 6 will not allow traffic (DevC5)
- 1 direct serial, also working
- Able to telnet to remote router 3745 (DevC5) only from 7206 (DevB)
- Able to ping to 3745 (DevC5) only if telnet into 7206 (DevB) first
- If 2 hops away at DevA, then DevC5 (3745) then it is not accessable.
- From DevB I can telnet into DevC5 or anyothers downstream (DevD5..etc)
- Cannot telnet into DevC5 except from DevB
- But all these things work fine with DevC1,DevC2,DevC3... etc...
- Only DevC5 is acting funny
- You can also ping back from DevC5 to DevB, but not to DevA
- Why is Multilink5 to (DevC5) not allowing traffic, but you can see it?
Sounds like maybe a QOS issue. Click the link above to see if this helps.
Also, could be a load balancing issue. Let me know if this helped.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2013 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Mar 25, 2010 | Cisco 2851 Router
Mar 05, 2010 | Arris Vanguard 320 Router
Nov 20, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 17, 2009 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Sep 06, 2008 | Cisco (1841) Router (cisco1841)
Apr 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 18, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 28, 2007 | 2wire HomePortal 1800HG Router...
291 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: