Question about Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
I inherited an Elna 390 b. I have the manual part #2 about different stitches. However, I need part #1, which I assume help me learn how to use and maintain the machine. I can't find one on-line.
Help! Any suggestions?
SOURCE: Elna Carina Zig'Zag Stitch Issue
Over time, and especially when not used, there is a likelihood of dust and old oil forming a sort of glue, or clag....
Remove the needle for safety, then, when you have the setting on Zig zag, gently push the needle arm to the opposite side of the zig stitch.......release the needle arm, and if it springs back quickly, it is fine, if it moves slowly, or almost not at all, then the clag needs removing with application of few drops of methylated spirit to start, at the sort of piston affair that shifts needle arm L & R .....move the needle arm back & forth until it frees up, a drop of oil to finish.........if almost seized, may require leaving overnight after using a penetrating lubricant if it is really resistant....I have had them on the bench for 3 days with manual manipulation a few times each day before they finally come good.
Posted on Feb 01, 2008
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
SOURCE: ELNA CONTESSA 410
I have a Elna Contessa 710 Manual. If you think it will help I may be able to scan a copy and email it to your own email address. Plz supply email address if interested or still unable to thread machine.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
SOURCE: Elna machanical sewing machine
50 year old elnas made stitches by cams. look to see if the machine has a cam in it. you can see this by opening lid on top of machine. cams are black with red or white showing the pattern of the cam. could also have broken cam stack gear. That would require technician with elna experience
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
Testimonial: "I am so pleased that I was able to get my manual and now know how much I can do with my machine. Keep up the good work. We all need to work together."
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 12, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
May 01, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Jan 09, 2014 | Elna Sewing Machines
Oct 15, 2013 | Sewing Machines
Nov 06, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 31, 2011 | Sewing Machines
Aug 26, 2010 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Mar 04, 2010 | Elna 1010
Mar 11, 2009 | Elna 1010
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: