Question about IBM NetVista PC Desktop
I was brought and old IBM desktop computer (slim tower) with win 2000 pro on it. the computer locks up ramdomly: it just freezes up completely (mouse does not move, clock is still, computer stays on).
what I have tried:
1. it's not a software problem: I have reinstalled win200 pro and xp on it and still freezes up
2. there are no particular errors reported in event viewer.
3. I tested the 128mb memory stick using MS memory checker dos style app with no errors reported
4. same lockup occurs in safe mode.
5. no problems during installation.
6. the only thing i was able to notice is that after installation I attempted to install avast and the computer locked up as I started run the setup file at least 3 times.
7. same as 6 when I was accessing control pannel a couple of times.
9. even leaving computer untouched the lock up happens minutes or hours after the computer has been on.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 07, 2017 | IBM eServer xSeries 206
Mar 30, 2010 | Dell Studio Slim-Tower Desktop Computer
Dec 15, 2009 | Dell Vostro 200 Mini Tower With 20" Flat...
Dec 06, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 Small Mini-Tower...
Oct 05, 2009 | IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6219 PC Desktop
Jul 28, 2009 | IBM IntelliStation E Pro 2D PC Desktop
Jan 18, 2009 | Dell Studio Slim-Tower Desktop Computer
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!