Question about Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
1. 1st my Internet Provider said it must be my wireless card. I replaced the hp wireless card it didn't help
2. i removed all firewalls - that didn't help
3. I brougt in my IT person from work and they say it's probably a problem between the zoom router and hp wireles card They updated all software and hardware and it connected BUT now it still
4. Sometimes connects fine and sometimes it won't connect.
5. regardless of whether or not it connects I always have 5 green bars showing excellent. I even sat it next to the router just to be sure there's no wall interference and it is the same. One time it connects and another it doesn't,
I'm simply frustrated--Anyone have a solution?
Every time I have ran into this issue it is because of wireless interference. Try these steps:
1) If you have a cordless phone, try turning it off (unplug the base). Some cordless phones operate on the same frequency that your wireless network does.
2) Change the wireless 'channel' your network is on. There are 11 channels. For best results, choose either 1, 6 or 11. Most wireless routers come preconfigured on channel 6. So if your neighbor has wireless and is operating on the same channel, your leptop may be getting confused.
3) Make sure your laptop and wireless router are operating on the same encryption level (WEP, WPA or WPA-2) and speed (A, B or G). Some older laptops do not support WPA-2.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD HP ProBook 4720s 173...
Jan 25, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 11, 2009 | HP 285527-001 - Compaq Presario...
Aug 02, 2009 | Zyxel Prestige 660HW Wireless Router...
Jan 17, 2009 | Microsoft HP Pavilion DV6276US Notebook PC
Jan 06, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad R52 Notebook
Aug 10, 2008 | Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
Jul 08, 2008 | Zoom (5590-00-03) Wireless Router (G66115)
410 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: