I got a Compaq Presario Laptop & I bought a headset with a microphone connected with that. The headphone works properly...... But the Micropjone doesn't work. & I have tried even the option you have sugessted already ( double clicking the speaker icon & goto to Option & mark the microphone option & adjusting the volume ). But, it was already marked in Microphone.
Thankyou in Advance for your suggestion.
my mic is not being detected.. i hv an in-built mic.. irrespective of whether i use the built-in one or one externally, i am not able to use it.. i have got xp os.. also.. when i connect my headphones, there is audio output at the speakers too.. could u plz help me with this?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
HAve you tried going into your mixer, by clicking on the sound icon at the bottom right of your screen, selecting microphone, and making sure its not on mute. it is on mute by default, you may also find a switch to apply more dB to the signal, you should try this and see if this corrects your problem
Check to make sure that you have the proper drivers installed. Go to your manufactures website or install Driver Detective and let it detect your proper drivers. Just for extra about this problem. What is the make, model of the laptop?
A V2000 should not come with an internal microphone; that is, I've never seen one. Check the front of your computer, where the headphone jack is: if there is another one with a little microphone icon beside it, then you will have to purchase an external mic.
ok dupeeness i'm not sure what headphones you have so lets start with the ones that plug into the jack on your computer, now i'm not sure what were you are saying by going to the speaker so i'll explain it from the start,
1. Double click the speaker icon
2. click on options then make sure advance is ticked, if not click on it, then also click on properties.
3. if you have a mixer choose input recording..if not click in the recording radio button so its selected.
4. click ok
5. the box on the top should say recording properties.....or recording control......now make sure microphone has a check in it at the bottom.....and push the slider right up to begin with.
if there is an advance button on the bottom under the microphone slider click on it choose boost or gain......if not just close it by clicking the red x at the top
now your microphone is selected so we can test it......to do this....
1. go to start button choose all programs then go to accessories.....choose entertainment then sound recorder.....this is like a tape recorder hit the record button talk a couple sentences...then hit the stop .....rewind it and then hit play to see if works......
now if its still not working try this
1. plug the opposite plug into the mic the one that you normally put in the speaker, now try recording again talking loud into the ear peace on the headset they will act like a microphone and no i'm not kidding lol......they do..this will test to see if it's your mic.....of course when you play back the sound should come out your speakers.....
hope this helps.
integrated microphone really wont work on xp. it's either there's njo choice for us or they are still working on it (which i don't believe). Sorry but the system was designed for Windows Vista that's why, there's no driver designated for XP.
ok sir .....if u r using vista then click on start and then click on the the start search option and type in sound and hit enter ......it will take to the sound proprities,,,,,then click on the option that select the option that says microphone click on it and select the option that says configure....... and then select the option that says test clcik on next and then ur microphone isn ready to work....
1-adjust the overall volume by pressing fn+f 5 hotkeys 2-adjust sliding mixer controls by doubleclicking the speaker icon 3-disconnect the headphone jack to enable check of internel speaker.4-confirm that microphone plug is proper connected to mono mic jack.5-confirm that microphone is selected as recording source in control panel----multimedia and recording level is adjusted. confirm that sound source is selected in control panel----multimedia confirm that headphone connector connected in right postion