Question about Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Hello I have called my service internet and they said it could be my network card---- I am connected to the internet then I am not then I am then not sometimes I be disconnect for hrs I have tried everything my internet service told me but still problems so could it be my network card and -- I am computer challenge so where is the darn thing in my computer thanks Hello, I having having the same problem that Hugoblue had. Starting during the summer, my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1501) wireless would not work for days at a time. Usually, I would just use the internet via an ethernet cable. However, two weeks ago, I started having problems with that as well. Now, whether I am at school, work, or at the house, I cannot use my wireless or the ethernet cable. If anyone has any ideas, please give me explicit instructions to follow because I do not want to leave any room for errors. Also, if it is possible to chat, I would greatly appreciate that.
It can be a software or a hardware issue.
If you have XP try booting the system in Safe Mode with Networking with Wired Connection. Check if the Internet gets disconnected when you are in Safe Mode with Networking.
If not then it can be the network card.
You can try to restore the system to the Factory Settings. It will wipe out the information but if there is any spyware or Virsu it will be removed.
Here are the steps :
1. Power the computer on.
2. When the Dell screen appears press and hold the <Ctrl> key on the keyboard, press the <F11> key, then release them both at the same time.
3. The Dell PC Restore by Symantec window appears.
NOTE: Press the keys one time only. If you press them more than once, a keyboard error occurs and the process has to be initiated again.
4. Click the Restore button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Restore and press the <Enter> key.
5. A caution message appears advising that all data will be lost.
6. Click the Confirm button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Confirm and press the <Enter> key.
7. The Progress window appears. Once the process is begun, Dell PC Restore usually takes only 8 to 10 minutes to complete.
8. When the restore is complete, the message the system recovery process was successful appears.
9. Click the Finish button or press the <Tab> key to highlight Finish and press the <Enter> key.
10. It will restart the system.
To restore the system to Windows Vista Factory Settinsg here are the steps -
1. Turn on the computer.
2. As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
3. Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
8. Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
9. Click Finish to restart the system.
Out of 100 Cases only 5 - 6 notebooks will have a bad Network Card. It seems to me 955 software issue.
Posted on Sep 25, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2014 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2010 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Nov 23, 2010 | Sylvania G-Netbook
Jul 11, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 19, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Jan 28, 2009 | Sony Ericsson K530i Cellular Phone
Apr 26, 2008 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jun 26, 2007 | Sony Ericsson W200i Cellular Phone
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!