Question about KitchenAid KCMS185J Microwave Oven

1 Answer

National Mircowave oven

When I start to cook the fuse blow out off my oven. so i have replaced it with same 10 amps. Then I was on it but the same problem has been faced.
what are the solutions for this to repair.

Nabors Arabia ltd

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 6 Answers

Your oven was so high in volt try to use AVR 110 volts

Posted on Sep 20, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My oven is working but the item inside is not heating. If I put 2 minutes, the oven wprks for 2 minutes, but the item inside is as it is without slight heating

It's very likely the high voltage fuse has blown, often because there's a fault in the cook section, or the fuse has metal fatigue. It will be in a thick plastic tube near the transformer and cook capacitor. Turn the oven off and unplug it for 10 mins, then take the cover off. As a precaution, short out the cook capacitor with a screwdriver. The capacitor is near the transformer, usually an oval shaped can. If it's not fuse fatigue, it can be: faulty capacitor (unlikely); faulty protection diode across capacitor, if there is one (very likely, must be replaced same way round as original); faulty rectifier diode from capacitor to chassis (less likely) or a magnetron heater that is leaky to chassis. All these things need to be disconnected, and tested one by one with a 500V insulation tester, because an ohmmeter will often not show faults in high voltage parts. Any leakage at 2200V will blow a fuse. If there's no high voltage fuse, it will blow the mains fuse inside, then nothing will work, but it's not that with yours, since it partly works. The oven can run without the high voltage fuse, just replace it with a wire with nice thick insulation, or with some plastic tubing over it. Anything else that's faulty must be replaced. I get my parts from WES Components at Ashfield in Sydney. Microwave parts in the cook section have high voltage ratings, and must be replaced with at least equal rating components. I just fixed a Samsung microwave with its high voltage cook fuse blown. The rest was ok, so I'd say the fuse wire inside had metal fatigue. I also always put a drop of light oil on both ends of the fan shaft, it runs quieter and faster then.

If the fault happened suddenly, it will be one of the above faults. If the oven is very old, it will have a gradually increasing cook time, as the magnetron wears out. If the cooking time is too long, replace the magnetron, they're only held in with 4 screws or nuts. It must be the same physical fit and at least the same power rating as the oven's rated output power.

Feb 25, 2016 | Sanyo Microwave Ovens

1 Answer


The fuse can be replaced, but the underlying issue should still be investigated and resolved. Otherwise the new fuse will blow also.
If the microwave is not working the thermal fuse may have blown.
When a microwave stops working the problem is usually the line fuse or within the high voltage circuit; either the high voltage capacitor, diode, transformer or magnetron.

Aug 02, 2014 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Panasonic Genius 1250 watt Mircowave oven & when giving it a chance to cook 2 potatoes at the same time on the side dish sensor option. The whole oven including the outside shell got extremely...

Sometimes when cooking dry foods such as popcorn, potatoes, etc. there can be some reflection back to the magnetron, which will cause overheating.

Try it with about 1/2 cup of water on one corner of the cavity.

That load may be enough to keep it from reflecting microwaves back down the waveguide.

Oct 10, 2011 | Panasonic NN-T964SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Fuse size for sharp mircowave r 520ks

The fuse will be a 20amp ceramic. The fuse should be available at hardware stores, Radio Shack.
If the fuse is blown, there is a very good chance you have another problem, possibly a bad or misaligned door switch, shorted capacitor. Replace the fuse, if it blows again you will have to figure out why. Door switches are the most common reason for the fuse to blow.

Feb 02, 2011 | Sharp R-520KS Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The 20 amp power fuse blows every time i start the mircowave oven?

The oven probably has a bad interlock monitor switch, one of several switches in a microwave that are operated by the door latches. The switch is wired so the fuse will blow if you try to run the oven with the door open, and it isn't operating properly when you close the door. As soon as the oven kicks on the power to the magnetron tube, the microwave source, the fuse blows. The switch may have been damaged if the door was slammed, or it's just a mechanical failure. It's not an expensive part, but any microwave repair involving the door should be done by a professional because of safety concerns, so you will have some labor cost to add in. It shouldn't cost as much as a new oven to make this repair, though, so it's probably worth fixing.

Jan 13, 2011 | Hotpoint Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Mircowave does not seem to heat anything any more,does it need a fuse, or larger part replaced? model jvm 1440aa001. Thanks for your help

There are several reasons the oven can stop heating. The most common is failure of the magnetron tube, which generates the microwaves. If you've been noticing longer cooking times, unusual humming noises or an electrical odor, these are signs of a magnetron nearing the end of life. When they finally fail, it's one of two ways. They open electrically like a fuse blowing, so that everything seems like it's working but there's no heat, like you describe. Or they can short-circuit, which causes a very loud humming or groaning noise and no heating, and may cause the main power fuse to blow so that the oven goes completely dead.

Unfortunately, the magnetron is about the most expensive part in the oven. So while it could be replaced, it's usually not economical. Between the cost of parts and labor (this kind of repair is best left to professionals because of safety concerns), it may only be a little more money to buy a new oven. In some cases, repair may even cost more than a new one.

There are other possible causes. There may be bad connections that have developed or something has gone wrong on the control circuit board. Other parts in the power supply for the magnetron may have failed. If you want to keep this oven, see what the cost is for a professional to check it over and give a repair estimate. It may turn out to be worth fixing. But if the magnetron is bad, it's probably time for a new oven.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but thanks for using Fixya!

Dec 05, 2010 | General Electric Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Blown fuse 10 amp LG microwave oven model ms2127c it blown while im cooking a popcorn. what shall i do?

You can get a replacement fuse from almost anywhere ranging from Ebay to an authorised LG repair agent, but please remember a blown fuse can simply be the symptom of a larger problem, so my advice is to buy two, replace it, if it works then you have a spare, but if upon replacing the fuse,it blows again straight away, your microwave may have a more serious problem. PLEASE READ UP ON THE DANGERS OF A HIGH VOLTAGE CAPACITOR AND ALSO HOIW TO DISCHARGE ONE AS THEY CAN HOLD A LETHAL AMOUNT OF CHARGE AND CAN CAUSE FATAL INJUFRIES INCLUDING DEATH.

Sep 06, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Mircoway stops after 5 mins of cooking

there wiil be some paint of the in side

Apr 29, 2010 | Maytag Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

Neff combi blown diode.

If the diode failed by opening, there may be no other damage. If the dioded failed by shorting, the alternating current may have damaged other components. Ohm it out. You can get diodes from,, or radio shack or any electronics or appliance supply. If the diode is charred and you can't get the part number, the oven rating can be used to select a replacement. Since the fuse was 10 amps, the diode should also handle at least 10 amps. If you can power the unit and read the voltage at the diode input this will give you the power (volts times amps). It's always worth trying as it's cheaper than replacing the unit.

Oct 14, 2007 | Neff H7871N2GB Convection / Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KCMS185J Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9085 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 2 Expert

228 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides