Question about Computers & Internet
here the things you gonna do
To install a new local printer with the Add Printer Wizard, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar and then click Control Panel on the right side of the Start menu.
2. Click the Printers and Other Hardware hyperlink if the Control Panel window is in Category View.
Otherwise, double-click the Printers and Faxes icon if the Control Panel window is in Classic View.
3. Click the Add a Printer hyperlink in the Printers and Other Hardware window to start the Add Printer Wizard and then click the Next button, or press Enter to advance to the Local Printer or Printer Connection dialog box.
4. Make sure that the Add Printer Wizard selects the Local Printer radio button, and the Automatically Detect and Install my Plug and Play Printer check box beneath this radio button before you click the Next button.
5. If the wizard is unable to detect your printer in the New Printer Detection dialog box, click Next to install the printer manually.
6. Select the port for the printer to use in the Use the Following Port drop-down list box in the Select a Printer Port dialog box and then click the Next button.
7. Click the manufacturer and the model of the printer in the Manufacturers and Printers list boxes, respectively, of the Install Printer Software dialog box.
If you have a disk with the software for the printer, put it into your floppy or CD-ROM drive and then click the Have Disk button: Select the drive that contains this disk in the Copy Manufacturer's Files drop-down list box and then click OK.
8. Click the Next button to advance to the Name Your Printer dialog box.
If you want, edit the name for the printer in the Printer Name text box. If you want to make the printer that you're installing the default printer that is automatically used whenever you print from Windows or from within a Windows program, leave the Yes radio button selected beneath the heading, Do you want your Windows-based programs to use this printer as the default printer?
9. Click the Next button to advance to the Printer Sharing dialog box.
If you want to share this printer with other users on the network, click the Share Name radio button and then, if you want, edit the share name (this is the name that the other users on the network see when they go to select this printer for printing their documents) that the wizard gives the printer in the Share Name text box.
10. To print a test page from your newly installed printer, click the Yes radio button selected beneath the heading, Would you like to print a test page? in the Print Test Page dialog box.
11. Click the Next button to advance to the Completing the Add Printer Wizard dialog box, where you can review the settings for your new printer before you click the Finish button or press Enter to finish installing the new printer.
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | Brother HL 1430 Laser Printer
May 12, 2009 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Apr 12, 2009 | Brother MFC-230c Printer
Apr 05, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 14, 2008 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Apr 02, 2008 | Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 23, 2018 | HIS Computers & Internet
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!