- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The loud clicking noise is either the toner cartridge or the paper feed.
If the jam occurs in the drum and toner cartridge then I recommend changing the toner.
If the paper is not being fed at all then you need to have the paper feed kit replaced.
Try making prints or copies with the rear door open. If it does not jam your fixing unit (hot area) is functioning properly. With the rear door closed try again making copies or prints. If it jams it's most likely the exit rollers acting up.
1. I've seen the exit sensor break on these units and sometimes the drive gears wear and do not feed properly.
2. If using after market toner or refills this may also coat the exit roller with a film which prevents the exit rollers from feeding parper out by reducing the friction of theses rollers. Clean with fantastic untill cloth does not turn black.
To reset the sensor after installing a new toner cartridge follow these steps.
1. With unit powered On, open the front cover.
2. Press the "Options" key. Display will show "Replace Drum?"
3. Press "Start" key.
4. Press 1,0 .
5. Display will show "Accepted" for approximately 2 seconds. Then display will change to "Cover Open".
6. Close cover and see if Toner Life End error message has gone.
Please note that this must be done with a new cartridge so the unit will see that there is toner in the cartridge.
sounds like you are using generic drum and toner. try OEM (brother brand). you say copies are coming out completely gray. try printing an internal report from the control panel. if that is gray or received faxes are gray, then the problem is not in your scanner area, and i would wager you are using "generic" supplies.