The other day my sandisk sansa e260 just stoped playing. when i picked it up to look at it, it showed the SanDisk start up screen the one that shows the words "SanDisk" and the symbol. after a few seconds it just fades to white and flashes back to the start up screen it dose this utill the battery goes dead. if i charge it, it dose it the whole time untill i un plug it and the battery dies again! HELP!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you say the screen goes black even after disconnecting the device from computer it could be an issue with the firmware. It might need to have updated firmware. To get the updated firmware please go www.sandisk.com.
Where you can get the latest firmware for your model. *** Make sure when you update the firmware keep the device in MSC mode.
Here is the link for updating the firmware:
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/306 Kindly revert for further clarifications....
sounds like a firmware program problem and will have to be replaced. You could download an updated firmware but you will have to get a pc connection.
After your device is plugged in, are you able to go to
"my computer" and see a drive folder that has your device on it.
For the non-deletable files try:
For the Display:
u have to wait till the screen will be black. I had the same problem with my sansa. it can lasts 1 or 2 days. after screen is black and then do following:
2. change lock switch to orange position
3. Press and hold rec button (at left side)
4. while pressing the rec button, turn the player on
5. it will appear the boot menu. connect the USB cable and try to continue the firmware
6. if it doesn't work, do a firmware downgrade. download this file:
7. execute the application while in boot mode