Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Lg microwave microwave has started to radiation/ burning lights inside when started.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 8,865 Answers

Microwave ovens do not utilize or emit ionizing radiation, so the only risk of leakage (if present) is a burn hazard.

I think you are instead experiencing arcing.

Quite often this is due to grease or food particles stuck to the inside of the oven or stuck on or behind the waveguide cover.

The waveguide cover is usually about the size of a playing card and often held in place by a plastic rivet.

In some models it is a larger stirrer cover type made of thicker plastic in the ceiling of the oven.

It can be fragile, and the metal edges of the oven behind it can be sharp, so be careful!

The cover and the metal behind it should be cleaned with a mild, non-ammonia cleaner.

If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.

Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.

If your waveguide cover is burned, it will need to be replaced. It provides important protection for the magnetron.

For more Goldstar / LG / L.G. help, call 1-800-243-0000 (M-F, 7am-8pm CT, Sat 8-5 CT) and choose the appropriate prompt from the menu or visit here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Sep 27, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

LG microwavw won't turn on


I agree, most likely the fuse.

Apr 20, 2014 | LG LMV2053 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LG door panel separating


DO NOT use this microwave in the current condition it is in- please! Although microwaves do not emit ionizing radiation, it does emit non-ionizing radiation and electromagnetic fields- and there is a lot of research studies being done possibly linking microwave exposure to cancer.
If your microwave is in that bad a shape, bring it to an authorized microwave repair shop or junk it and buy a new one.

For replacement parts, repair videos, and manuals: http://www.lg.com/us/support/parts-accessories

Jan 03, 2014 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave lights up doesn't turn on


The part of the oven called the "magnetron" (this part is what creates/generates the microwave energy that heats the food or liquid) is burned out, the cost to repair is more this part is more than the cost to replace with the cost of Microwaves so depressed by the stagnant economy.

Jan 31, 2012 | GE Spacemaker 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...

1 Answer

A plastic container with hidden piece of metal caught fire in my Sharp r1490 and burned with a big flame. Several small holes were burned in the ceiling panel. Are we in danger of radiation exposure/ is...


The microwave oven is not safe to use, the fire has compromised the interior of the oven, if you run the microwave it will start to arc and eventually short out the magnetron, because the white enamel paint has been burned away. If you have holes in the ceiling there is danger of radiation leakage, for safety reasons the oven should be replaced.

Feb 23, 2011 | Sharp R-1490 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Last night my wife accidently turned on the microwave with nothing inside. It probably ran for 15-20 minutes before I noticed a burning smell (burnt wiring) After opening the door I noticed the unit had no...


well I can tell you roughly what happened. You overheated the oven, as there was nothing inside to absorb the radiation. So the sensor shout off the power ( safety switch) It returns when the oven reduces in temperature. The burning may be due to internal damage to some of the insulation compound. It takes foreverf to get rid of smells from microwaves no matter what you use including vanill or some other anti stink medicine. The unit is probably OK but overtime will now begin to deteriorate and may even leak radiation to greater extent.

Dump it is my suggestion, but make sure it is damaged sufficiently to prevent dump rats from salvaging it and using it.

The unusual noise ( almost missed that) is damage to the rotation motor bearins that have been expanded and are now out of alignment.

Too risky!

Jul 31, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Damaged door on microwave


Buy a detector to test your microwave to be sure it is not leaking radiation. The detectors range in price from ten dollars to about thirty five dollars and can be purchased in most hardware stores. If you discover that the microwave is leaking radiation, never try to repair this appliance yourself. Take the microwave to a professional for repair. All things considered though, the microwave oven is fairly inexpensive these days it may be a better idea to just purchase a new one.

Apr 22, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burnt package of vegetables in my microwave


You will need your full model number from the tag on the unit.

You can order parts from Encompass (formerly Tritronics). Or you can call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Mar 02, 2009 | LG LMV1314 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

LG LMVM2055: Cooked itself?


First you will need to answer a few quick questions between yourselves.
  1. Do you have life insurance?
  2. Is it enough for the wife and kids to survive on
  3. Whats the number for 911
After you answer all these questions, then pick up the microwave, and take it for a long drive.
There are bits inside there that will happily kill you days after it has been turned off. (some even weeks)
For the cost of a replacement in this case, it's not worth it.

Apr 18, 2008 | LG LMV2055ST Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

71 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8864 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...