Question about PC Desktops
If a program will not open
1. uninstall the program from the add/remove
2. attempt to reinstall the program
3. attempt to run the program
4. if the program will still not open go to step 5
5. Some programs may be incompatable with your operating system and fail to open, if you have windows XP or vista you can right click on the executable
an executable (file) causes a computer to perform indicated tasks according to encoded instructions.
and click the compatability mode tab , then change what operating system is reported to the program, then hit apply and attempt to run the program again.
6. if after changing compatability setting of the to windows 95 the program still does not open
change the compatability to windows 98/windows me , hit apply and attempt to run the program again.
7. if after changing the compatability mode to windows 98/windows me , and your program still does not open , change the compatability setting to windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5), hit apply and attempt to run the program again.
8. if after changing the compatability mode to windows NT 4.0 ( service pack 5 ) and your program fails to rurn , change the compatability mode to windows 2000 , hit apply and attempt to run the program again.
9. if after changing the compatability mode to all of the available settings your program still fails to run , you may have a corrupt executable or an executable that is not compatable with your operating system.
Thank you for choosing FixYa!
Posted on Sep 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2014 | PC Desktops
on Jan 29, 2011 | PC Desktops
on Oct 03, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 10, 2012 | PC Desktops
Jul 10, 2010 | Dell Studio One 19 Desktop Computer (Intel...
Mar 31, 2010 | PC Desktops
Dec 27, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines T3830 PC Desktop
Jul 06, 2009 | Microsoft PC Desktops
Jan 19, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 20, 2008 | PC Desktops
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!