Question about Lexmark Z705 Inkjet Printer
Still having problems downloading the disc for my Lexmark Z705 printer to my Gateway laptop with Windows Vista. I have been told by Lexmark to download a driver using someone else's high speed connection....I have dial up....then copy to a disc. I am going to take my laptop and printer and try to download the driver directly to my laptop using a friend's high speed connection. He has a land line, so I can call Lexmark tech support and have them walk me thru it. I think the major problem is that I have dialup.
What do you think?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to download the Vista compatible setup here from Lexmark,
Run the setup after it finishes downloading but ONLY connect the printer to the computer when the setup instructs you to do so.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
I bought a Lexmark X1290 printer and installed a wrong driver (for WinXP) from the enclosed CD. Then I could not run the All in One program. After many reinstallation attemps, I finally found a solution (which is unfortunately quite hidden at the Lexmark website):
1) Unplug the printer's USB cable from the computer.
2) Download the cleaning utility from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/.
3) Double-click on the cleanup utility and follow the on-screen instructions to run it.
4) Restart the computer.
5) Download all files from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/reg/
6) Follow the instructions in the "Vista BackDoor Instructions.txt" and delete all remaining Lexmark
keys in the registry.
7) Restart the computer
8) Download a proper driver for Windows Vista from the Lexmark website.
9) Install the driver accordingly to the instructions (it's important to plug the printer's USB cable when you are ask to, not before)
The problem with Lexmark Unistall and CleanUp Utility is that you cannot delete all Lexmark registry keys while you arelogged in the system. This is anellegant way how to circumvent the problem.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
what site should i go to find a driver for my indows vista operating system so i can install my lemark 1270 printer
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2011 | Lexmark Prevail Pro705 Wireless All-In-One...
Mar 25, 2010 | Lexmark Z705 Inkjet Printer
Jul 02, 2009 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Apr 12, 2009 | Lexmark Z705 Inkjet Printer
Feb 02, 2009 | Lexmark JetPrinter X1185 All-In-One InkJet
Oct 25, 2008 | Lexmark Z705 Inkjet Printer
Apr 02, 2008 | Lexmark Z705 Inkjet Printer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: