Question about EliteGroup P4M800PRO-M2 (V2.0) Motherboard
I have installed a Kinsgton 1GB PC2 - 5300 CL5 240 - Pin DIMM DDR2 667 RAM (KVR667D2N5/1G) to be paired up to another Kingston 1GB RAM (KVR667D2N5/1G - SP) which is exactly the same.
The problem is that the PC would not boot up when I install the ram.
What should I do to let the PC boot and recognize the RAM?
Will the PC boot? It may just be loose. Try it again. The PC may not boot if it does'nt recognize the memory.
Posted on Sep 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2014 | Intel D102GGC2 Motherboard
May 18, 2012 | Motherboards
Feb 06, 2012 | Gigabyte Motherboards
For dual-channel memory configuration (2), you may:
• install identical DIMMs in all four sockets OR
• install an identical DIMM pair in DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 (yellow
sockets) and another identical DIMM pair in DIMM_A2 and
DIMM_B2 (black sockets)
* Always use identical DDR2 DIMM pairs for dual-channel model. For
optimum compatibility, we recommend that you obtain memory modules
from the same vendor.
Sep 11, 2011 | ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard
You can install 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, and 1GB DDR SDRAM DIMMs into the DIMM sockets using the memory configurations in this section.
• Install only identical (the same type and size) DDR DIMM pairs
using the recommended configurations.
• Make sure that the memory frequency matches the CPU FSB
(Front Side Bus). Refer to the Memory frequency/CPU FSB
synchronization table on the next page.
• This motherboard does not support double-sided 16-bit DDR DIMMs.
• Do not create a three-DIMM configuration in dual-channel mode. The
third DIMM is ignored in the dual-channel operation.
Recommended memory configurations
Memory frequency/CPU FSB synchronization
* Use only identical DDR DIMM pairs.
Mode DIMM1 DIMM2 DIMM3 DIMM4
Single-channel (1) Installed - - -
(2) - Installed - -
(3) - - Installed -
(4) - - - Installed
Dual-channel* (1) Installed - Installed -
(2) - Installed - Installed
(3) Installed Installed Installed Installed
CPU FSB DDR DIMM Type Memory Frequency
800 MHz PC3200 400 MHz
533 MHz PC3200/PC2700 400/333 MHz
Feb 18, 2011 | ASUS PTGD-LA Motherboard
Sep 12, 2009 | Intel D102GGC2 Motherboard
Apr 10, 2009 | EliteGroup P4M800PRO-M2 (V2.0) Motherboard
Apr 09, 2009 | EliteGroup P4M800PRO-M2 (V2.0) Motherboard
545 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: