I am positive my password is correct but it is not working. When I type it in, the letters, instead of numbers show instead of astericks. When I hold down the number key the digits show as I type them. I only have 2 attempts left.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Under the router you should see an IP address type this into your browser. It should come up with a username and password option. Use admin for username and password for password all small letters this should take you into the router config screen.
With any password issues, be sure you do not have your CAPS LOCK on and, because this is a laptop, be sure the NUM LOCK is not on either. NUM LOCK activates the number pad on the letters of the keyboard and can easily cause login issues.
With both off, type your password in the USER NAME field and make sure it appears correctly (this will show you what you are typing and how the laptop "sees" what you typed). If this is correct, delete this, enter your user name and then re-type the password and see if you can get logged in.
If this fails, you may need to use a "password reset boot disk" to boot your computer up and reset your password. Let us know if you need help with that step.
dont worry it happens some times when you cant remember the passwod of your phone. do one thing type any wong password on your blackberry phone 10 times. after each 2 or 3 times its showes type blackberry just do whatever it says and after 10 tryed it will auto wipe all the codes then it wants new password and you can put your new password.
This is directly from RIM:
As a security feature, the BlackBerry device is designed to allow a maximum of 10 attempts by the BlackBerry device user to type the correct password. After the tenth attempt, if the correct password has not been typed, all data is erased from the BlackBerry device in order to discourage its theft or misuse.
If you are certain that the password you are typing into the BlackBerry device is correct, please complete the following steps.
1. Deliberately type in an incorrect password five times on your BlackBerry device.
Before the BlackBerry device allows a further attempt, you will be prompted to type the word blackberry in plain text.
2. Instead of asterisks, the text you have been entering for the password will now show in plain text. Check to verify that it is correct.
3. If the password is still being rejected by your BlackBerry device as incorrect, connect the BlackBerry device to a computer that has BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed.
A prompt will appear in Desktop Manager to type the password for the BlackBerry device. Type in your password to rule out missed key strokes, incorrect symbols, or a problem with the BlackBerry device.
4. If the password you have given is still rejected, and your BlackBerry device is on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server that has software version 4.0 or greater, contact your BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator and request that your password be reset for you.
When entering your characters for your selected "unlock" code/password be sure you have the correct character typed.
For example: Are you typing in a letter or a digit instead of the character wanted. Some think they are typing the number "5" say, but they never shifted and they are typing in a letter, like "D". Remember all keys have double representation.