An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Not working
HI. in most cases, this will lead to a failed Heating device(magnetron tube).It would be wise to check the Magnetron cutoff fuse to be sure of its integrity. if the fuse is blown, simply replace it. if the fuse continues to show continuity, replace the magnetron.
(((The fuse is located inside the unit along side the magnetron)))
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Microwaves contain high-voltage parts that can be deadly, even when unplugged, unless handled correctly. Unless you are a qualified expert, don't attempt to get into its inner workings.
First, use this water method to double-check if there is actually an issue with your microwave not heating:
1. Fill a glass measuring cup with water to the 1-cup mark. 2. Set the microwave to heat on full power for 1 minute. 3. Repeat the process with fresh water a handful of times. 4. If the water is not consistently warm, your problem is confirmed.
If your microwave is failing to heat correctly, you may be on a previously programmed setting. Press the STOP/CANCEL button and start the heating process again, but use a higher power setting. This may correct the problem.
If the microwave senses an open door, it will not run. Check to see if a defective or loose door-safety interlock switch is to blame. If tightening it doesn't work, a replacement may be necessary.
Did you know? Neglecting to hit the STOP/CANCEL button on the microwave before you open the door to remove your food damages the safety switch over time.
Microwaves installed above the range may be affected by steam from cooking. Condensation collecting on the circuitry can interrupt heating. Allow the circuitry to dry out by avoiding stovetop cooking for a few days. If you're still having the same problem, it could be a loose connection in the circuitry or a faulty door safety switch.
There may be an issue with the circuit board and its connections, and that work is best left to a qualified professional.
A buzzing or humming microwave that emits a faint burning smell could signal a damaged magnetron, high-voltage capacitor or diode. Replacement magnetrons are expensive, so if a service professional determines that's the problem, you may be better off buying a new microwave. Capacitor and diode parts cost much less, but remember, you'll be paying for the expertise to have them installed correctly and safely. It may still make more sense to buy a new microwave, especially if it's a simple countertop model.
Check whether there is a proper power supply. Look to see whether the cord is connected to a grounded 3-prong outlet and the cord is fully plugged in. If the electrical system is built-in and no power cord is visible, replace or reset the household fuse or circuit breaker.
Some basic microwave operational steps may affect whether the microwave is heating. Open and close the microwave door, as the unit will not function with the door open, and push "Stop/Clear" to cancel any previous settings, such as the timer, which do not heat the microwave oven.
Setting the Microwave
Once the power to the microwave has been reset, or verified as working, and the microwave is ready to run, select a new cook cycle and press "Start" to see if the microwave begins to run and cook food as expected. Allow the food to cook for the alloted time and then open the microwave door and check to see if the food has cooked or heated. Choose a longer cooking time and restart the microwave if food is heating but is cooking slowly.
If all efforts to troubleshoot the function and power to the microwave still do not get the appliance heating food as expected, there may be a repair issue that needs to be addressed. Contact professional technician for advice.
The same thing happened to my microwave this morning while heating a cup of water, which broke into 3 pieces too before the water hadnt even hot.
Maybe you have already solved your problem and I just share my experience.
I am trying to call the manufacturer nearby and ask for the turntable, but I am afraid the new turntable dosent fit my a little bit old microwave.
When the microwave sounds okay, but there's no heat, one of the internal door switches, the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board may have a problem. To resolve this problem, you need the assistance of a qualified appliance repair technician.
That said, you can get free estimates on the cost of a repair but you should also consider a replacement which may be a better option for you.
What they do not tell you about over the stove microwaves is that they are constantly deteriorating due to the steam, oil, and other cooking fumes from the stove below. As a result, their life expectancy is definitely diminished.
As long as the oven's metal bottom is sound
underneath the rust, there isn't a problem. The cooking chamber walls
are so thick and highly conducting that they reflect the microwaves
extremely well even when they have a little rust on them. However, if
the metal is so rusted that it loses most of its conductivity in the
rust sites, you'll get local heating across the rusty patches and
eventually leakage of microwaves. If you're really concerned that there
may be trouble, run the microwave oven empty for about 20 seconds and
then (carefully!) touch the rusty spots. If they aren't hot, then the
metal underneath is doing its job just fine.
It is the fan. Im guessing it only happens on combination cook and not when you are only using the microwave setting. It happens because the oven is hot and it helps to cool it quicker. It is normal. The microwaves are not working and neither is the oven-just the fan.
microwave sounds okay, but there's no heat, one of the internal door
switches, the high voltage circuitry, or the circuit board may have a
problem. To resolve this problem, you need the assistance of a
qualified appliance repair technician, as repairing microwaves is a pretty risky job.
This 59-second stop failure is due to a problem in one of the damper-related components, most likely the switch, but it may also be the motor or the damper door.
The damper is a door inside that opens or closes depending on cooking mode. If the controller thinks that the door is not in the right position, it will shut down the cook cycle.
See the attached sample photo.
If you or someone you know wants to look into this, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
We even have a video on our site that shows you how to safely & easily remove the control panel assembly to send it for service.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.