- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't have NoLED installed as far as I know, unless my brother installed it and didnt tell me. I talked to him, he has NoLED installed on his fascinate but hasnt had a problem. He told me he didn't put it on my phone and I didnt see it in the apps.
Thanks though for the update. If you happen to get the lines again, please let me know
hard reset the phone, try; If you cannot run program to
hard reset form "Expert" folder. Turn off your phone, then press both
*SOFT KEYS* and *POWER ON* device. After moment release both soft keys.
On the black screen asking for confirmation press *GREEN PHONE BUTTON*
and wait couple minutes for phone to initialize.
The T-Mobile Dash™ includes a button sequence which can be utilized to perform a hard reset. This method is much more difficult to do but it will perform the reset if the menu options are not available.
Note: Before attempting this procedure make sure to backup your data using ActiveSync. All unsaved data will be lost.
Hard Reset 1. Power the device off by pressing and holding the Power key.
Note: If device is unresponsive remove the battery.
2. With the phone off press and hold both soft keys (The two keys directly under the screen, used to open menus.) 3. While continuing to hold the soft keys, press and hold the Power button for 1-2 seconds. 4. Continue holding the soft keys until you see a message that starts with This operation will delete…. 5. Release the soft keys.
Note: If you see the standard boot up screen load steps 2 and 3 were not performed correctly.
6. A boot splash screen will appear, followed by a black screen prompting: Press Send to restore factory defaults, Other keys to quit 7. Press the Send key. 8. When prompted to powercycle device, select Ok
Note: Once the hard reset is performed it could take up to a few minutes to completely boot back up.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
do a sw reset....its possible it was damaged when it was dropped in the water, but not likey....
turn the phone off, press and hold the soft keys (buttons with the lines on them above the home key and back arrow key) and hold it down.....press the power button while you are doing that until the white t-mobile screen will come on, then instead of going to the green windows mobile screen, a black screen with white writing......press the green button....it will get you in your phone but it will erase your info as a result....
I have experienced the exact same thing. No dropping the Palm. No moisture. Just turned it on at work and it had the lines. Fortunately the data was still available for a synch. Now I am ordering a complete LCM and digitizer from PDA Smart.com. See http://www.pdasmart.com/palm-tx-repair-parts.htm for the pricing. It isn't cheap, but I believe it will fix the problem.
Let me know what solution you came up with and how the issue is now.
If this option or no options are visible, attempt to move right or left a couple of times (if you are in the list mode, move up and down) and then hit 'OK'
If this does not work, you will need to do a factory restore on your device:
WARNING - Restoring the factory settings on your device may cause the loss of all of your data that is not stored on the memory card or backed up elsewhere. Please back up your data before doing a factory reset and remove your memory card during the procedure:
From within the Software: 1. Start -> Settings -> More -> SECURITY -> More -> Reset 2. Enter '0000' and hit 'OK'
From the Powered off state: 1. Power off the device 2. Hold down the 'UP' navigation arrow while pressing the power button. 3. You will be presented with a 'format' menu, hold
Here is how to hard-reset your MDA/Wizard using a key combo - courtesy of a smart T-Mobile tech support help desk guy who wrote a note about it as it's not in official help doc's:
1. Simultaneously hold down the Communication Manager and Voice Dial buttons and put the Soft Reset 'button' with the stylus tip - all at the same time.
2. You see a very scary looking black screen with white letters in System font reading something along the lines of ?Are You Sure? Press Send key to continue.?
3. When you push the 'Send' key, the Green pick-up the phone key process starts
4. Next you will see what made me smile like a kid - Formatting FAT partition and very briefly in matter of few seconds began normal first boot.
When it is reset the screen is just a series of vertical lines or just plain white. if it beeps it isone quick beep. It appears to do things when you move the stylist over the screen yet can't go to the main screen. I have followed factory reset (switch off then on), (reset power till screen on then release power), (disconnect power plug from battery to board). NOTHING worked